Going, going............

Geri

.....soon to be gone. Yes, my hair is starting to fall out and to say that I'm pissed is an understatement :roll::roll:

My hope all along this time is that I wouldn't lose my hair......silly, shallow and vain as that may be I was hopeful that this time I'd beat the odds and stay hairy. Even shaving my legs seemed inviting but alas my hopes have been dashed as yesterday I got the first face full of hair when I was in the shower.

I have no clue why this is so important to me this time, 5 years ago I walked around with the few remaining strands buzzed for about 9 months......I even have a passport (yes we took out American citizenship during my tx)with another 5 years left on it with a steroid face and almost no hair.

Maybe this time it's because I'm not feeling so wretched, with lc I didn't give a hoot what people thought - it was their problem not mine.

This weekend I think it will be time for a buzz cut (I look a lot like pig pen with this cloud of hair falling around me) and hopefully I'll get over all this nonsense. My next chemo is on 29th so if the nausea returns it will at least give me something to think about beside my head.......my DH is in VT and when I told him what was happening he says "Oh dear" (talk about an understatement!) I replied that this was almost what I'd said too :lol::lol:

Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do and being bald won't change my survivorship. Thanks for letting me go on about my sudden vanity, I know a lot of people here understand.

Stay tuned for the next entralling episode in what passes for my life.

Geri

Oh dear....schmear, for cryin' out loud :roll: . How's this ......son of a b#$%@, da%& it, and sh#$ :twisted: too!!!! You will be just as beautiful without hair :wink: , but I do get it.....BIG time. Sorry, I really am. I will resume the hand wringing ~ perhaps that may help.

Sorry about the nausea too. I hope Richard arrives for the weekend to offer his support. Perhaps a few more 'oh dears, huh :? ? At any rate Geri, you know we all get it here. Just seems losing hair shouldn't even happen once in a lifetime, let alone a second go round. We're thinking of you.

Kasey

I remember the losing the hair thing. Not fun but you eventually move on. My doctor said that it was okay to feel bad about losing my hair because that was not something that you plan to do and it throws you for a loop. I had applied and had my passport photo taken the day before my surgery. I still have not used it, but I do plan to.

Carol

Geri,

Of course we understand. I never got use to it when it happened to me, I just refused to look in the mirror. Just keep telling yourself...it will grow back and its killing any of those stupid cancer cells that may think they can hang on in your body. Hope the nausea doesn't get to you this time. Want to use my wig?

Nina

I don't think it's at all silly or shallow. I remember the first time Bill lost his hair, he was quite upset about it. It surprised him. Everyone said, "oh, it's different for a man." Perhaps it is, I wouldn't know either way. But it was hard for him. Not for vanity reasons so much, but it's the lack of control and the idea that his illness showed on the outside.

After what you've been through already, I think you can feel fine about lodging a BIG complaint. Enough already, right?

But we know how strong you are -- you'll fight and beat this cancer, and have a healthy head of new hair to show for it!

Hugs,

Thanks everyone, I'm not so sure that it's the hair that's at the root (groan!) of this but the whole bc crap.

It's almost 6 months since I found the dimple and it seems forever that someone's been poking, prodding or doing something distasteful to my boob or underarm. I'm fed up with all the pain and discomfort, it seems that until this week I've had some sort of pain from biopsys, surgerys, drains, infections and now that I'm feeling a little less harrassed in that area my bloody hair decided to claim some attention.

Oh well, somewhere in this house I have some baseball caps - Richard unpacked all my stuff - so I guess I shall forage and keep them near in case the sun comes out :lol::lol:

I'm going back to VT on Sunday so the probability of needing a sun shade is a little less. I know it's early for my whine of the day but here it is, so now there's nowhere to go but up........the day has to get better so I hope you enjoyed your handwringing Kasey, I think the pity party is just about over. :lol:

I shall return with my bald head and a better attitude.

love you all

Geri

The experience of touching your hair and having it come out in clumps . . . :shock:

Mine occured while I was teaching (hair was cut very close and wig was on), but I walked right out of the classroom and burst into tears. Took an ativan later 8)

And you already had this experience once

hugs for you

gail

All I can say is you're still such an inspiration to me with your attitude. I don't even have cancer and throw the pity party for myself all the time. Your beautiful smile is what got to me as one of the first I saw on this website. Blessings to you, hair or no hair.

Geri...You're such a spunky lady!!! Hey, my friend, this too shall pass and you will be even tougher for surviving it all!!! But...in the meantime...we all are here for you and will love you for the beautiful person you are...inside and out!!!

We were just talking about loosing our hair a second time around at my LC Support Group Meeting and most of my members that had that happen said, it was harder for them the second time around for some odd reason. But, we all agreed, BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!! (((((GERI))))))

I have to agree with Laurie. When I see your picture, it's your smile that blows me away! It's beautful.

(I had to look twice to even see what color hair you had, after reading this post!)

You keep that amazing smile on your face, and no one will even notice your temporary "loss of locks".

I am sorry though. It must be awful to go thru.

Love,

Nova

Geri,

All I can say is that I understand. I don't consider myself a vain person but losing my hair was quite a blow. My husband kept telling me that I was bald and beautiful but it took me awhile for it not to bother me. I guess we just need to put it in perspective. Losing our hair is just part of the journey of getting rid of the disease that invaded our bodies. Keep your wonderful smile and before you know it you will have your hair back and be rid of your cancer.

Take Care,

Rachel