HELP PLEASE

bart ziggie ( Greg )

Has anyone had experience with lyhmph node involvement and their carotid artery in their neck ? No biopsy for me today. It seems that this thing is putting pressure on my carotid artery. I go thurs. and have a liver biopsy done. Between the way i am feeling and the pain meds i couldnt digest all the info from doc today. CT showed 6 leisons on my liver. I couldnt get a whole lot out of doc untill its official with biopsy. I think this carotid artery explains all the numbness i have been feeling in my right arm and now my left arm and some in my legs. I didnt expect this. I am really spooked sitting here tonight. Like i said it is all happening so fast i didnt have my mental faculties today to question him about how serious this carotid artery problem is but i did some research and now i know. I dont blame him for not volunteering it. They had intended on biopsying the node in my neck till it was realized today just how much pressure there is i think. Or how risky it is. The new tumor in my lung and all the other hot spots and things were bad enough now i definately got troubles. I appologize for rambling like this. If anyone has something to share please do. I dont care what it is even if it is bad i need to know more. I also know that my options with this recurrance are very slim. Please say a prayer for my family and i. I am meeting with a minister tomm. i have got some real issues to adress here. I am not being negative and i am sorry to some who might interpret it as such. However with all these mets all at once and this artery problem i have big trouble. It has all taken place in less than a month. Anyways any words of wisdom, prayers,advice, etc.....

Greg

Greg,

Don't ever feel a need to apologize for expressing how you feel and what you are thinking. You are among friends and we do want to know your honest emotions...we have all been up and down on this emotional roller coaster. You do need to turn some of this burden over to God, so that you can be calmer and clearer to deal with the decisions that you will have to make. I will pray for your strength and healing. You will have your family support there with you and the support of all of us on this list to pull for you.

Peace and blessings,

Margaret

Greg,

I will pray for God to give you the strength to endure this recent development, and to help you and your family deal with it.

I had a lot of problems with the veins/arteries on the left side of my neck, there was so much involvement that the blood supply to my brain routed itself more to the other side . The surgery allowed the doctors to carefully dissect the tumor away from major blood vessels and nerves from the area just above my heart all the way to near my left ear. It seems the tumor was wrapped around this stuff. It is possible to get through this. You have age going for you. Miracles happen.

God bless and keep you,

MaryAnn

Dear Greg,

I wish I had the wisdom to cure this disease and the sensitivity to ease all of the pain and suffering here.

What I do have is loving, prayful thoughts for a successful course of treatment for you.

Please do not apologize for expressing your honest thoughts and emotions here. I think sometimes this is the only place we can do it.

Ginny

Greg,

Hang in there, you are a survivor and will beat this again. Like Katie said, try and get some rest so that you are up for the fight. Well rested and thinking clearly... Keep the faith and prayers for you and your family. Stay strong and hang in there, you're a missourian and we are stubborn and fighters.

God Bless

Karen

P.S. I am originally from Florissant, Mo

Greg,

My husband Buddy had both sides done on the carotid arteries a few years ago and came out smelling like a rose. I thought it would be just terrible for him but right after the operations, he was wide eyed and bushy tailed. Think positive, life has a way of changing in a minute or two for the better....keep the faith. Some prayers are coming your way for you.

Guest Karen C.

Greg - this is Dave C.'s wife. Hang in there. I think it's great you're seeing a minister. With God helping you can do anything, but ASK!!

And Katie B. was right, you are young and strong, you can beat this. Fight it hard! Dave used imagery to fight his cancer and I truly believe it was key. We'll get the results of his latest CT scan tomorrow morning, we'll find out if it's still working.

If you're interested in learning about the imagery send a private message to Dave. He's really good at it.

Hang in there, and GOD BLESS!

Karen C.

Dear Greg,

First of all, you need some rest so that you are able to think clearly and fight, fight, fight! My Mom and I are both praying for you and miracles do happen every day! Everyone on this board has bad -- no horrible days so come here to vent and ask questions we are here in support of each other not judgement do the best you can that is all any of us can.

Take good care,

Botley

Hello everyone. Well first of all thank you all. When i posted i was a mess. I have regained some of my composure now. I left this board for about 5 months because of a lack of a computer and i dont know how i ever made it emotionally. Your support and prayers touches me this morning as i am sitting here reading this. I have been somewhat of a rebel all my 35 years. I have realized in the last 7 months what it is like to share someone elses pain and feel as they feel. It is overwhelming to me to that i have friends like you all. I will probably be relying on this board alot in the coming weeks and months for support and info. I will do my utmost to contribute where i can. It helps so much being able to vent. I will post again after fri. about my condition. I am scheduled fri. for a liver biopsy. No matter what is going on with me i will fight this and do the very best i can. Again thanks for all the kind words,support,prayers, etc.... you all are great.

Regards

Greg

Greg, I am very sorry for what happens on you. I know it is quite discouraging. BUT, hang in there, you are a great fighter. Try to take more rest, sleep more, drink GREEN Tea, doing exercises if your condition is good enough. I will pray for you and your family. We all support you. We are all here.

Greg,

I misread your orig post. I thought you were saying you now needed an operation on the carotid arteries. Now I see you are saying a met is pushing into the arteries. Hopefully some more chemo or an oper can clear this prob. Will pray for the rebel with a cause.....I like that.....

Greg, I have not been on this board for quite a while, but I lurk from time to time. I had to respond to your post. My mom finished her first round of chemo in late June, VP-16 and carboplatin. All summer she had various health problems. In mid August she had to start chemo again b/c cat scan showed regrowth in the same areas. She's getting topotocan now. The first 2 rounds of topotoca threw her for a loop but now she just finished her 3 rd round and is doing good. She's getting her strength back which is awesome. We were pretty scared a few weeks back, things didn't seem good but now she's doing so much better.

So you hang in there, it is possible to do well even with an early recurrence!!! You will beat this thing!! You are young and strong and you can kick this cancer's butt!!! I will keep you in my prayers.