We have a booger.....

Heather_T

I know I have not posted much lately like I should have. I read your post everyday and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Well today is exactly after having my left lung removed I am now on my second day on WBR for a tumor found Monday. I was having some speech problems Sunday night which was pretty commical but of course you know deep inside something is wrong. I called my nurse first thing Monday and they had me in a couple of hours later. I was talking to the tech at when I would get the the results tomorrow. Then after the second one she took a while to come in and then she told me to go wait for the Doc. Well we all know that is not good news. haha He told me I had a tumor about an inch big on my left upper side. So of course they had me fitted right then and started radiation Tuesday. This was a big blow but I am better know and ready to fight. I guess I will probably be loosing my hair again. If you have any storys to share please let me know. I am so glad everybody here has such a wonderful place to come to when you need to. Thank you!!

Hi Heather,

So sorry to hear this news, but glad you're still fighting. Like we have a lot of choices right? I just finished WBR for 11 - yes 11 - mets. They were all pretty small, but still. I did o.k. with it so far, just had some nausea and lack of appetite at first, so they started me on decadron. When I was done, they tried to taper me off of the decadron and the first day I didn't take any (monday) I ended up in the ER with bad headache and vomitting. Ended up just being swelling from lack of decadron, but no fun. My hair is gone and my head looks sunburned. Even down onto my forehead and neck. It's really dry and blistered and they say you can use hydrocortisone and aquaphor to help. My ears are also itchy inside of them. I'm also a little more tired than usual. I know none of that sounds like lots of fun, but I'm doing o.k. I'm having some help with the kids right now, mostly cause I'm a little nervous being alone with them. I get tired really fast, and Monday was a little scary. I've heard some people sail through WBR and hopefully you'll be one of them. Seriously, my experience could have been a lot worse.

Heather,

I hate that you have to go through this. However, you've got great spirit and will manage it.

My husband had 20 sessions WBR ending 6/22. He lost his hair about mid-way through, and shortly after that developed significant fatigue - napped a couple of times daily. He had very "sunburnt" type skin on his scalp and ears - have a really good lotion on hand and use it faithfully. He also had some appetite loss, and some inner ear irritation. If you get that, they can give you cortisone drops for the ears - just go ahead and ask for them if you need them.

As I said, you have a wonderful, strong spirit and will walk through this and back out the other side.

MC

Hi-sorry for the news. I have read tons of people on here and elsewhere that have very good results with the WBR

They found a 1cm on my Moms brain over Memorial Day Weekend. The side effects she had from WBR were tired, very itchy ears inside and out and also she said they were swollen-when she put a q-tip inside it barely fit. Also she said her tongue felt swollen. Just about now 3 months after she is starting to forget certain things? not sure on that because she was kinda like that before so maybe not.

Anyhow I'm hoping that yours works perfectly for you. You are so young and otherwise healthy so you have a lot going for you during this fight.

Good luck with everything.

Dar

Heather,

You keep fighting! I know you will. (I can tell by your picture :wink: )I'm sorry about the latest developments, but I pray that WBR will do the trick for you.

Bill had WBR -- he had many tumors though. The only side-effect (besides the hair loss) was feeling wobbly. That may have been from the steroid. It did ease up afterwards.

Thinking of you -- stay strong,