Beverly's Doctor visit

The doctors are not sure if Beverly's tumor is growing and causing her such breathing difficulties, or if it is only the Rad. Pnemonia. Should it be this difficult to tell. They gave her another chemo treatment today, even though she can barely breathe. I don't know if that is good or bad. They want her to go to Jackson, Mississippi to get some sort of scope done and possibly go inside and give her radiation on her windpipe??? This is the information that I get from my brother-in-law. God Bless him, he loves my sister, but sometimes I wonder if his phone is on the hook..if you know what I mean. Anyway, if anyone can relate to the information above and give me more insight, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby,

Can't offer any real insight here. We're in the same boat with the breathing problems with nobody knowing "why?" It is frustrating as all get out. Here are the things that we do: run a fan toward Tony, keep him cool and in a a/c controlled environment, try to get him to do deep breathing techniques with slow exhale through the mouth, and nebulizer treatments. He is also on oxygen, anti-inflammatories, inhalers, lasix and gets tapped for pleural effusion.

Even with all of this stuff -- he still has problems breathing. Is it the cancer, pericardial effusion, pleural thickening, pneumonia, or something else? We just don't know, but they keep cranking the chemo into Tony too. I'm so very sorry Bev is having these problems. It is very frightening all the way around and I hate hearing someone else is having this experience.

What I did notice happening is that his breathing is much slower when he is asleep. I checked his respiration rate last night during sleep and it was 24 per minute, just a little high. I think he sends himself into the rapid breathing panic mode while awake and he may need to take something to calm him so he breathes easier during daytime hours. I also tweaked his oxygen up just a tad.

Sending many hugs,

Welthy

Bobby-(sorry about that-I had Beverly earlier)

I'm sorry you didn't get any definitive answers.

I'm not sure about the breathing-my Mom didn't have that but she does have a sore throat again-they think maybe thrush/fungus again!

Keep me posted

Dar

Well, I got a little more information last night. It seems the tumor is growing and is pressing on her windpipe. The Dr.s are supposed to get together to decide if they want to give her more radiation. She would have to go to Jackson Miss., to have the treatment done. She said a scope is used to give the radiation internally. Has anyone ever heard of this??

Never heard of it myself, but only b/c we didn't face that particular set of circumstances. Sounds like the drs are being very aggressive, which I have always taken as a good sign. Much better than when it seems they have given up the fight!

Lots of prayers to you guys.

:) Kelly

Hi Bobby,

I'm sorry to hear Bev is having these issues. But it does sound to me like her doctors are on top of it. I've never heard of the radiation you're talking about, but I can understand why they would approach it that way.

When will she go?

Prayers,

Thank you all for your input. Terri, we are not sure of the exact date..I think they all have to agree this is the best treatment for her and then they set her up with an appointment. She is hoping for sometime this week or at least the beginning of next week. She is supposed to get another chemo treatment tomorrow if her counts are good, so maybe we will know something then.

Please continue to pray with us. I will keep you posted.

Love,

Bobby