1 Month has passed.....

Mikee

Hi, and thanks for the update! It's good to hear that Char is doing well in her taxol/carbo/avastin program. As she moves through the cycles you'll start to notice a pattern developing, especially if you keep a daily log. Occasionally I look back over mine for old times' sake, as it were. :wink: After a month on Avastin alone I stopped keeping daily notes -- nothing to say except that the taxol/carbo side effects slowly disappeared as time went on.

Best to you both! Aloha,

Ned

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this but we visted with the Onc. today and Char's blood level was a little low so they gave her two shots one for white blood cells and one for red. She will also go in tomorrow morning for follow up shots. This is to boost her count so that she will be ok to take her second chemo treatment next friday a week from now. For her white blood cells the is taking NEUPOGEN, (Filgrastim is the generic name) other names are G-CSF, Granlocyte-Colony Stimulating Factor and for the red blood cells she is taking ARANESP. Thanks for all the kind words of support and our hearts and prayers go out to each and every one of you all here on LCSC and everywhere else in this world that is in this fight. Together we will stay strong and beat the odds.

Good luck and God Bless!

Mike and Char