Results from CT & MRI

RAY A

I almost wasn’t going to post because I almost feel guilty but I read some of the posts and figured everyone could use some good news. Today I spent most of the day at the University Of Penn (that’s were my Onoc and Radiologist are) I was there to get my results. First I went at 9:30am to my Oncologist (love him he’s the best) he came in and grabbed my last 3 ct scans then came back in about ten min. came over and shook my hand and told me the tumors in my adrenal glands are now 50% there orig size and all other organs remain clean (to me that was more important than anything). He was very very happy my wife was very happy and I was happy on the inside because I still feel like cr@p from the chemo. But the doc wants me to wait until next Friday to start chemo again because I feel so lousy. Blood count not to bad but platelets are low. Wife and I went to an early lunch and were done at 11:00. My Radiologist appointment wasn’t until 2:00. I went to the office and asked if they could squeeze us in. The best news for me was they did. We got in at 11:30. My Radiologist came in (love him he’s the best) gave us a big hello and grabbed the MRI’s. He came back in and was very excited. Told us that out of the three tumors in my head, the two smaller ones were gone and the big one (2cm) on top is now half the size. He said this is excellent news and the spot on top of my head can continue to shrink and wants me to get another MRI in two months and if its still there we may do sterotatic surgery. Again my wife was excited doc was excited and I was excited on the inside. Thanks for all your prayers and I continue to pray every day for everyone here.

Ray,

NEVER feel bad about posting good news! I'm serious. Speaking for myself, sometimes when I'm feeling at my lowest the best lift I get is hearing news like yours. I mean it. I know what you mean about feeling good inside (I had chemo yesterday and it's kicking me today). But I feel MUCH better knowing that you are doing well, my friend.

Fay A.

Dear Ray,

Good news is an inspiration to ALL of us. I am so very happy for you, I know you very scared. The chemo craps are okay if the chemo is working.

My husband went to Penn for his brain surgery and to a Penn Dr. at Holy Redeemer for his brain radiation. His neurosurgeon is Dr. Kevin Judy, his radiation onc. was Dr. Chris Gallagher. We did meet with Dr. Jamie Stevenson once, he is an onc. Who are your doctors?

Keep up the good progress Ray.

Ginny

Guest Karen C.

Ray,

your posting made me smile out loud! I love how you said twice that you were happy on the inside!

Keep on keeping on, and pretty soon you will be NED!

All the best,

Karen C. (Dave C's wife)

Hey Ray;

GREAT to be a SURVIVOR today!!!! :):):):):):):):)

So very happy for you and the family!!!! go out and celebrate!!!

God bless and may all your news be this good!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"