new report on Diana: Sept

KleenTeeth

Diana had an appointment with her oncologist Tuesday. After talking to a surgeon who said he would not operate because she had cancer cells in her lung fluid when she was diagnosed; Diana felt her visit with the oncologist would be just as disheartening. She emailed me last night and said the MD wants her to have another PET scan this week. If it is negative, he will discuss her case with the MDs in Seattle. If that surgeon says no, like the other surgeon, Diana is to have another PET scn in 2 months. If the PET scan is positive, Diana goes back on chemo and possibly a clinical trial. So we wait. Any encouraging words? I checked out cyberknife, and the cancer cells in Diana's fluid when she was diagnosed, indicated the pluera was involved. The MD there said that situation isn't always stable and the cancer can return. Needless to say, I want the best for Diana. Being the "big sis" I am always over concerned.

Suzy

Hi Suzy, Well there is good news here in that the fluid was cancer free on the most recent test...I think excluding her from surgery just because the original diagnosis showed cancer cells in her fluid back then is not enough reason to give up on surgery.

There's more than one surgeon out there and I hope the docs in Seattle offer better choices for your little sister.

Barb