Joining All of You in this

creekgirlsc

Hello......I am Connie L from South Carolina. I was diagnosed on June 24, 2007 & am working my way through reading posts from other members. I am very glad that I found this site. It gives me hope for a good outcome.

I didn't keep good records when this first started but will try to put it in good order by my next post so that I can add it to my profile..

I am at stage 111a & will start radiation this next Monday. I am anxious to get on with this.

Welcome Connie...I'm glad you found us, but sorry you needed to. The members of this site offer lots of hope, support, and encouragement.

You will find as you go through this journey that keeping good records will be an important part of caring for yourself. Keep an lc journal and always get test results in writing from your doctor.

I wish you success with your upcoming treatments. My husband isn't a candidate for radiation, but you can find lots of people here that have been down that road that can answer any questions you may have.

Keep coming back!

Hello Connie,

I too wish to welcome you to our family. If you read my profile you'll see I too was a stage IIIA-B.

I started out a IIIA and after my surgery they told me I was a IIIB. :roll:

I hope you'll stay with us and let us walk your journey with you. It's so much easier walking this journey with someone who can totally relate. We're here for you.

Just want to welcome you Connie to our family. You are never alone. We are always here for you. You will find us to be very knowledgeable and supportive.

So many people have walked in your shoes who are doing just great today.

Post your profile when you have the time.

Keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle.

Once you start treatment you will feel so much better.

Maryanne

Welcome Connie and so sorry that you and any of us have to be here. Just wanted to let you know that I also was staged 3A. I had surgery in 2005 and have been doing very well since. Drink lots of water, eat healthy and try to stay positive. I will be praying for you.

Carol

Hello Connie! I just wanted to add my welcome, too. I'm also sending prayers for healing from way out West. 8) May the rads kick the #$@* out of the LC and soon have you hanging out with NED!! :wink:

BTW - Love the screen name. I'm a Creek Girl, too. (Actually, I'm Creek/Cherokee, and a couple other things thrown in... :roll::wink: )

Yours in HOPE!!!

Stacey

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted with good wishes & prayers directed to me for the treatment that is to start Monday. I am hoping that since my onc. doctor placed me at the "high end" of being 111A that I'll come through the rad/chemo without too many side effects. As he said to me "You are VERY healthy except for your leg & your lung". I had to laugh at that.

I have faith in all my doctor's "plans of attack" to do the very best that they can for me.

I am praying for all of them...Rencken, Pastis, Keogh, Kline & Decker that their knowledge & skill will be put into play to my benefit & also for anyone else that is under their care & treatment.

Connie L

"creekgirlsc" ...he said to me "You are VERY healthy except for your leg & your lung." I had to laugh at that.

There's a similar running joke between me and some of the nurses/technicians at my oncology clinic. I've been going there every 3 weeks for a year, so they know me pretty well by now. When they check my vitals before every Avastin session I usually get comments about my stable weight or normal blood pressure, and I'll say something like "oh, I'm just a picture of health." The first couple of times I got some puzzled looks, but now we all have a nice chuckle.

Seriously, being in good general health will serve you well as you go through your treatment program, especially since you'll be getting chemo and radiation concurrently. It will help you tolerate the various side effects without needing to interrupt your treatment schedule, and that will increase the likelihood of a positive outcome.

My best wishes and Aloha,

Ned