Please, if you could spare a prayer...update and thanks...

MsC1210

A year ago the 25th of this month my family lost a very close friend to lung cancer. His wife of nearly 40 years was by my side from the days following his funeral until my oldest son left for 4+ months of basic training in Missouri. She held my hand, prayed with me and for my family and was the most incredible source of love, strength and support even in her own time of grief and loss and profound sadness.

I learned yesterday that she is in the hospital, having undergone a complete hysterectomy which proved to be malignant. She also has been diagnosed with cancer in both lungs and my understanding is that it is extensive. It does not sound very good and I am so devastated to be going down this road yet again and facing the very real possibility of losing yet another very dear friend to this disease.

If you could possibly spare a prayer, please pray for Laurie and her son and daughter in law.

Thank you so much...

Christine

(((Christine))),

I am sending MEGA prayers for your wonderful 'angel' that things may not be as bad as they sound right now. Please convey my very best to her during this most difficult time. Who wrote this book of life anyway!?!? Where is the FAIR in any of it? Sometimes I get totally swept away in how unbelievably life sends its hits to such wonderful people.

Kasey

Hello Jackie

Thanks so much for asking about Laurie. I talked to my step mom yesterday and she said there has been no news at this point. Lauries son told us that she has apparently had some kind of mental breakdown and has refused any and all treatment. I am so devastated. She has been through so much.

Your continued prayers are so appreciated and thank you ALL so much for the love and support. It means more than you could ever know to me.... This has been so difficult...

Christine

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

First let me say a HUGE thank you to all who took the time to say a prayer or 2 for Laurie. It means more than you could ever begin to know, not only to me but to her as well.

I have not had a chance to see Laurie yet but she is home and has been able to get out and about. I hope to be able to spend some time with her in the next day or 2 and see how she is doing.

Again, thank you all so very much for the prayers and the concern.

Hugs to all

Christine