normal

I know exactly what you mean. When I vistited my mom last week, we did normal stuff. Shpooed, went to a football game, out to eat. She's not taking any treatment and you wouldn't know she was sick to look at her. I keep wondering if I am living in a fantasy world, but I've decided that this time is a precious gift. Whether it lasts one month or 10 (or more years), I will be grateful for each day if it.

Susan

Wow....I just wrote a post about "Inappropriate nurses" but I also wrote about how "normal" my mom has been. It has been a great summer ever since she got out of the hospital. They cleaned out her infection and gave her a chemo break. We had so much fun going to our summer cabin, hanging out. Mom even swam in the river. Our only reminder was when she lost her breath swimming up the current. She had to cling to the rocks until I rescued her with an innertube. It was scary for about 10 minutes when I saw her lose her breath. But other than that one episode, most of the time we went on with our lives as normal. Now she's back on chemo, coughing has started up this week & I noticed her SOB a couple of days ago. =(

Yes I hear you. My Mom does everything she did before she was DX. We go to Auctions, shopping, out to eat, she does her Ebay. I hate hate hate this

disease. Everyday she is here is a blessing for us.

Take care

Dar

• 2 weeks later...

once more to the Dr hoping they would start a second line drug.... He DIDNT gain ANY weight....sooooo its 2 more months of trying to gain weight...then a CT/Pet of the chest and abs and see if there is any change and if he can do a second line drug.

soooo hard waitingimagining the cancer GROWING... :x:x gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :x:x:x

I agree, I almost forgot about the cancer over the last few months, mom was fine - even went to Mexico on vacation until a few weeks ago - she celebrates her 56th b'day today, and guess where she is? The hospital - she had severe dizziness and numbness last night, and can't stop coughing.

When my Mom & Dad went out shopping not long ago they were both elated!!! Later my Dad admitted to me that he's waiting for the other shoe to drop which makes it hard to enjoy the good times - but he is sure giving it his best. Yes, this cancer is sneaky, deceptive & so all encompassing for so, so many people. Sometimes I just want to have a tantrum and kick and scream and "beat the heck" out of this cancer!!

Donna