Joel's Ct results

Maryanne

Hi All,

Well, unfortunately we did not have a visit from NED. :cry:

He now has a very small nodule 3.5 mil on his right lung where they did the wedge section last year.

Of course it is so small that they may not have caught it on his last CT because of the way the pictures are cut when they do the CT.

So he is going to have another CT in 6 weeks to see if it shows again, maybe just maybe it could be scare tissue, which we hope of course.

So now we wait and see.

This f-in disease :evil: hides and then shows its evil face.

We ran into his old Onochologist nurse who is running a LC support group which we did not know about. They have it on Tues at 1:30 PM which he is going to attend, so he can support others.

By the way, Joel is fine and is ready to fight if need be.

Will keep you guys posted.

I really wish it was better news.

Maryanne

Maryanne and Joel,

Sorry that it may be a little bugger again. You guys are troopers and I hope the next scan shows better findings.

I know you meant your word as "scar", but your typo "scare tissue" sounded more like what it is! :D Just enough of a question mark to throw a "scare" into you again.

Hopes and prayers for great scans next time.

Welthy

Darnitall Maryanne :cry: ........not what anyone wanted to hear. Who knows...maybe next scan it won't be there at all ~ here today ~ gone tomorrow :roll: . We can hope so anyway.

Tell Joel I'm ready with the boxing gloves and 'other stuff' to take care of this news IF it turns out to be something.

Wait and see ~ da#& it!

Kasey

PS: I MAY be giving Chat another try tonight if I am home. I don't think my computer is allowing me to Chat correctly. Apparently all my comments weren't showing up AND the emoticons were NOT behind the screen like they always used to be. I would just get a strange beep and then ~ nothing. Maybe I'll have to turn it over to Rick or Katie to figure out. But if you think I'm not saying anything.....believe me I AM trying!!!!

OOPS!!

Looks like I started a scare tatic here instead of a scar :oops:

Sorry about that... but maybe that is on my mind... :roll: who knows.

We really are not stresing until we see the next Ct scan holds. If something shows up he may have a PET after that. Let's just hope for the "SCAR" tissue. Roght now its just a tiny nodule and may even be bebign even though with his history it most likely is not. But we will deal with that if it comes down to the monster showing its ugly face again.

Hey, Don M. there always is cyeberknife...

Maryanne :wink:

Maryanne and Joel,

I want you to know that I've been out here praying for good results too. I can relate to the wait and watch . We are going through that with my mom. I'll tell you what her oncologist told her "go home and live your life like you don't have cancer" he said "when you come to the doctor you can think about cancer". Easier said than done, I know. Glad to know Joel is doing well. Know that you are both in my prayers daily.

Love,

Sue

I am sorry the news wasn't better too Maryanne. As you probably know, ct scans can pick up all sorts of small unpleasant sounding details that may be nothing to worry about.

I had a ct scan Friday to check out my pneumonia and to look closer at my mediastinum after the xray I had on Thursday. The ct scan said I have likely metastatic nodules in my liver, middle lobe and lower lobe. I happened to have a PET/CT scan a week before that which showed no uptake or features in those areas at all. The ct scan radiologist was not privy to the PET/CT scan I just had. He just looked at every questionable area and called it likely metastatic because of my huge tumor. The liver stuff was new to the radiologist and I am pretty sure that he was looking at stuff that was noted in ct scans done in a different facility in 2004 and 2005. I also have had nodules noted in my lower lobes in the past that have never lit up.

But, I am worried about the possibility of progression of the big tumor and the nodule that lit up and I think I will do tarceva. I see my Seattle docs next Monday to talk about it.

Don M

Maryanne I also hope that this is simply scar tissue. Remember I had a nodule to show up in my lower left lung after I received treatment on my upper right lung-biopsy showed it to be scar tissue.

Praying for positive results for you both.

Carol

Maryanne,

Does not sound that bad which is good, might not be anything in the long run. My CT Scan last month showed two new (very small) one's also-- doing the same thing just keep an eye on it for now. So onward and upward! That's great Joel is joining a support group to help. Gives people encouragement and hope when they see we are still around. As always you guys are in my prayers.

Take Care,

Rich

Maryanne,

I'm really disappointed to read this. I don't know why, I just felt like a clear scan was coming this time...I'm sure you had the same hopes. So in a small way, I think I can relate to some of what you are feeling.

I'm sorry, and I hope you both do well from here.

Oh and by the way...I vote for Scar tissue!!!!!!