Surpassed Fundraising Goal

Andrea B.

In honor of my mom and lung cancer awareness month...I am going on a 6 mile hike this Saturday, with my friend and we will be wearing our lung cancer awareness tshirts I made. I asked friends and family for pledges. I initially set a goal of raising $500, but I quickly surpassed that and have raised $1,200! YEAH!!! All proceeds will be going to ALCASE. In addition, next week I am going to start my media "blitz" (my work background is in public relations), I will be contacting local TV stations for their healthwatch sections and local newspapers with some feature story ideas. All in hopes of raising awareness for lung cancer and finding a cure. It helps to know I can do a little part in battling this demon!

Blessings to you all! You each continue to be in my prayers.

Way to go Andrea!!

The medical profession is getting really closer to humane surgery for LC. This new Cyber-Knife will be able to remove a tumor without all the nerve and rib damage. They are just waiting for the software to be written. I guess that is very difficult, but at least it is being worked on!!

JudyB

Thank you to everyone for your messages. I admire everyone who maintains their courage and hope in battling this disease. I hate feeling helpless and this is my way of feeling I can contribute.

Margaret, thanks for inquiring about donating!! I am not sure if you there is a way to earmark it for my hike. I sent in my donations in honor of my mom, Lillian Ostlund.

Here is to finding a cure!!