Update on my health crisis

bfdboston

Well, sorry I've been away from the boards for a few weeks. Unfortunately, after my friend passed, I developed severe abdominal pain. I had an endoscopy on 09/05/07 which they took 4 biopsies from my stomach and then proceeded to do several CT MRI with contrast.

They found a ten inch mass in my abdomen and had to perform emergency surgery which they removed my appendix; 18 inches of my small intestine; part of my colon and then put all back together. They sent all the stuff out for pathology results, which I've yet heard the outcome. I was just released from hospital this afternoon. The pain is excruciating. I am on pain killers; anti anxiety medications and a strict diet. Not to mention I have 35 staples in my stomach.

So will keep all updated, but that's the reason I've been gone for two weeks now. And, that's why it's important as a caregiver you take care of yourself as well. Please keep me in your prayers. I am out of work until November 28, 2007.

I hope this is just nothing. Will keep you all updated. I will try to come to the board as much as possible, but it's been a bit tough in hospital and now I'm home and exhausted.

Take care,

Jim