Getting reportsWe are starting out once

punky052

We are starting out once agian with my hubby and cancer,, He had cancer 9 yrs ago,, Now face with lung cancer,, QUESTION ,, Can we get all cat scan, biospy , biospy reports (on paper) if so who do we ask for them ? Are we allow them for our files ?... Also Im new to computer ,, how does everyone put all their info on the bottom of your post ? Many thanks

You absolutely can and should get copies of all reports from scans. Just ask the doctor and he can provide them for you. I keep my husband's reports in a bright yellow folder that I can grab quickly to take with me to new doctors or hospitals as needed.

To add your information to the bottomm of your posts just click on profile at the top of the web page and scroll to the bottom and type in the information you want displayed.

I am so sorry for you and your husband. Wishing you both peace and successful treatment.

It is good you are going to keep copies of everything it helps as you go along. I suggest setting up a notebook to keep everything in. The Lance Armstrong Foundation gives out a very nice one for this purpose. I think you just have to pay shipping.

Each time my hubby has a blood test or a scan I get a copy of the written report and keep it in a binder. I've found the best time to get it is when the doctor is going over it with us and I just ask for a copy of it. Failing that you should be able to contact medical records of the facility where the tests were done and get copies that way.

wendyr

I keep all my reports too. It paid off the other day when I had a recent ct scan at a different facility report on features as if they were new but that had previously shown up on 2003,2004, 2005 and 2006 and were considered stable or benign after 2006. It also saves time if you want to see a different doctor. All you have to do is give him copies of your reports. If I do it myself, I know it gets done.

Don M