Half way through!!!!!!

beachnut

Well, Jack is half way through his seven weeks of radiation after his treatment today. Yea!!!! So far he is doing good except for the cough. We had an appt. with the radiation oncologist yesterday and he feels the productive cough is the the tumor reacting to the radiation. He says since Jack has no fever or colored phlegm that he doesn't need antibiotics or steroids. Jack is a little tired, but has had no skin or throat issues. His appetite is still very good and I do keep Boost for him to drink each day. I just wish that he could get a little rest from the cough. The tussenex syrup does help a little but because it makes you drowsy he cannot take it when he has to drive or go somewhere or go to work. We are so thankful to be half way through the treatment. Hopefully he will feel like going to the beach for a few days after finishing up in October. If not, hopefully we can go next spring.

I did find out last night from my uncle that my Dad's youngest brother has lung cancer. Maybe I can be an encourager for he and his wife since I have experienced this with Jack twice.

Thank you all for your continued and wonderful support.

Shirley