What should we do?

wondermom

Mom mom and dad's 31rst wedding anniversary is quickly approaching. Dad has brought it up a couple times so I know it is on his mind. I am wondering if my brother, sister, and I should ask him to go out to eat or something to celebrate that day. Or do you think he would rather be alone. I just have this horrible vision of him sitting home alone feeling sad about Mom not being there. It just breaks my heart. I will probably just ask him what he would like to do. What would you do? Or if you have lost a spouse, how do you handle these days that were special for the two of you? I just want to know how to help my dad. I realize everyone handles these situations differently but I am just looking for some ideas, I guess.

Thanks,

Jill

Jill,

Can't offer anything more than has been said. I just wanted to say you are a darling to be thinking about your Dad's feelings. What a special daughter! Hugs and kudos to you.

Welthy

(Every time I look at the photo of your vibrant Mom, I want to cry. Damn cancer. She was beautiful Jill.)