pet scan results

David A

HI , Tuesday 10/28/03 I had a pet scan this was after having a ct in mid sept, and a different kind of ct scan in mid october, My pulmonary doctor called today and said that the pet scan suggested a recurrance in my bronch area as well as an area behind my lung around the surgical site(which may just be scar tissue , but is an area where I have started to have pain lately), this may explain my continuing deteriating(sic) breathing situation, having a bronchcoscopy and biopsy this coming monday to determine more.

Could really use some prayers from all my friends here. David

David,

I don't know much but have been around this board long enough to know that quite often, additional tests prove there is no cause for alarm. I hope that in your case, this is the outcome.

Will be thinking of you Monday... and will be there in spirit!

Ohhh Hell David !!!

I'll be praying real hard for ya and keeping my fingers crossed. Hang on tight man. lots of people be pullen for ya!! besides, Miracles are a way of life for us!! Talk to on Tues nite.

God bless and know you'll be in my thought and prayers

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

DavidA,

I too just went through a Bronc., two weeks ago. Pulm doc couldn't find tumor and biopsy came back Negative. Yours will too. God performs miracles, He did for me and now it is your turn. Just believe and keep the faith. Praying for you and clean tests...

Blessings

Karen

Dang David sorry to hear the bad news ! Man i hate this disease. I too am dealing with a major recurrance. It wont be official until i have a liver biopsy this week. Originally scheduled for nov. 12 but they called today and we are going to get it done wed. My pet lit up on my broch as well as my trachea, shoulder,ribs.lymphs,liver,kidney,and left lung. The ct showed a new tumor in my right lung and 6 lesions on my liver. I really feel with you on this David. Hopefully they will be able to get you some meds to shrink them stupid tumors. I like you just finished my treatments and here we go again.... well hang in there man and keep us posted. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Regards

Greg

DavidA,

Sorry to hear the news, prayers for you that the biopsy comes back clean. I didn't know that they check the lympth nodes when they do a bronc and also the bronc tubes. Are the broncs closed? Did you have radiation? I know radiation can decrease the size of the bronc tubes. That is what my Pulmonist and onc told me. They can put a stent in there to open them and strech them so that your breathing is easier. They are considering doing that for me, I am not sure of all the details yet.

Please keep us posted on the results of your tests, we truly care...

Karen

Karen I didn't know that they could check lymph nodes either during a bronch, I'm assuming thats what the doctor meant? who knows I was a little sedated, The stent is something I believe I'm getting put in in the near future as I have had problems breathing since 9/02 and that was after my lobectomy. All this puts a new spin on things for me.

David,

Darned sorry to hear that the da^^ disease is still lurking around.....

Greg, sorry your scan was so "busy". Truly sorry.

Remember, guys, prayer and positive visualization go a long way, as does the absolute refusal to retreat. The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet, nor is she about to!

Have faith, and believe.... miracles happen every day.

remember that cancer is only a disease.... and remember how far we have come in even the last ten years in fighting this da^^ disease.

My heart goes out to you both... and prayers, of course.

Stay tough.

MaryAnn

David, Greg,

My heart goes out to the both of ya, Lung Cancer just plain SUCKS!! :x:x:x:x

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers!!! , Just have to put one foot in front of the other and fight the sucke r!,

God bless and hang in there!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"