Seven years and still here

blaze100

Seven years ago this week I got up 4:30am Monday morning, took my shower with the special soap and walked through pitch black parking lot and into the hospital for the surgery. I remember thinking this would be the last time I would see the stars. I took one last look at those stars, and then said good bye to this world and walked through those hospital doors.

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd get lc.... and equally, never ever did I think I'd be here 7 years later. :)

Barb

...Never in a million years did I ever think I'd get lc...and equally, never ever did I think I'd be here 7 years later.

Congratulations, Barb! You are definitely here, more so than many people I know who have never been sick a day in their uneventful lives. Let's do it again next year!

Aloha,

Ned

Goona go outside in the dark under the stars and do the Happy dance for ya :lol: That and because the neighbors are asleep, they won't seee me dancing under the Stars :roll::wink::D:)

Way to go, Barb...................7 years is awesome and so are you :P . I can identify with those feelings as you walked into the hospital ~ can I ever :x:? . I will celebrate you today and will be doing so for 7 more and 7 more and 7 more.....not enough room for them all here! Congratulations!

Kasey

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I hear you my friend when you say, "I never thought I still be here." I CAN RELATE!!

I too am SOOOOOOO GLAD your still with us. You've been such a supportive, caring, kind, fun,intelligent, friend here at LCSC and I'm very happy I got to know you over the years. ROCK ON!!

HAPPY 7 YEARS!! Here's to MANY MANY MORE! Clink Clink Let's Drink.

Barb,

Congratulations! I wanna be like you!

I also remember only too well walking that long walk to the hospital early in the morning (only for me it was light already because it was summertime) and the feelings I had were the same as you.

Reading that this morning brought it all back, and made me all the more grateful for our survivorship!

Here's to 7 more, and 7 more, and so on and so on!

Cindy

After a long hard day at work, I finally found a few seconds to tune-in to our site at 9pm.

You guys made me smile big time. Thank you for the cheer leading. I really needed it today....maybe I kept myself busy so I wouldn't have time to remember the details of that day.

Randy, I wish I could see you do your happy dance. :) I think I'd kick off my shoes and join in. :)

Barb

Barb...doing the happy dance for you too....7 years is awesome...77 more is better :D ...Boy can I relate walking in the hospital in the early morning hours going to surgery....and thinking would I ever come out alive...and here be me...3 yrs later and hoping and praying for many many more for all of us...

Gosh ..gives me chills to think about that day...

brrrrrrr!!!.....hugs kiddo....Nonni

Barb,

Thanks for the boost. Tomorrow's CAT Scan day again followed by whatever blood I need and then Chemo I suppose/hope. Last time took thirteen hours end to end but just reading your update makes the anticipation a lot less gloomy.

Congratulations to you.

John