Friend of a soon-to-be survivor seeking knowledge

tstorm96

Greetings, everyone. Just wanted to tell you that I found this site while searching for wristbands for my friend Lenny, who was recently diagnosed with Stage IV, non-small cell lung cancer. He finished his run of 10 radiation treatments on his hip yesterday, and now has chemo to look forward to in a week or two.

Having found this site, and the wristbands I was seeking, I figured I'd "look around". Considering the circumstances, it appears to be a nice, smaller, friendly site, that I'm going to suggest Lenny himself - or his wife, who will really need some support pretty soon - check out.

Meanwhile, again, greetings, and off I go in search of pearls of wisdom to help me understand this disease, and just what I can do for my friend. Thank you!

Welcome friends of Lenny!!!!

You are correct about how great this site is. Please do encourage Lenny and his wife to visit ~ and perhaps to become posters themselves. There's a lot of support they can receive here. In the meantime..........what great friends you are to investigate and get wristbands. Way to go!

Kasey

Welcome! And I hope Lenny looks in on us too. There are many people here with NSCLC Stage IIIB or IV, and a good number are doing very well -- far better than the statistics and prognoses tossed about so casually would have us believe. But don't let me get started on that!!

As he and his wife get into the chemo phase of treatment, they will have a ton of questions. If we know more details on his condition, what his scans have shown, and the drugs to be used (plan of treatment), we can tailor our responses more specifically to his situation. For example, I assume he has mets to the hip since he had radiation there, but has there been any involvement of the brain or other organs?

My best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Welcome Friends of Lenny!

I am so sorry that we had to meet here and because of this, but I'm glad you found this site. There are so many warm and wonderful people here and so much practical and professional knowledge here.

I've received immeasurable support and information from the people here over the last 4 years.

I noticed that you are from East Troy. We are neighbors. I live on the East Troy/ Mukwonago border, right around the corner from the Elegant Farmer.

If there is ever anything I can do to help, or if you or Lenny, or Lenny's wife would ever like to talk drop me an e-mail or a PM and I'll give you my contact info.

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - the picture is me now. Took Lenny's off, in case he wants to use it. I saw him today, doing well, considering. He has his second Chemo tomorrow, and he started losing his hair last week...'do rags' do come in handy...! I'm going to send him a link to this site today - I think he may be ready for it.

Kenny