scan result

spicysashimi

hi all,

pet scan indicates new tumors in liver and growth of old ones. Also shows tumors in brain. So.... MRI on friday and doc wants to start single agent taxol on Monday for three weeks. Fourth week, radiation to head and eyes.

Now convinced that chemotherapy will do nothing, I am calling all over the country for a clinical trial that might be useful,

know any?

aaron

Aaron,

I'm am so sorry to hear this news....stupid cancer. This is not the way it is supposed to be. I'm not up on clinical trials so I don't have any advice to offer other than I'm praying for you and your new bride to have some much needed good news soon. Hang in there.

Take Care,

Rachel

Crap Aaron.

That just sucks! I hope you find something that works for you. I have been on Taxotere for several months now and it is keeping my tumors stable, maybe it will work for you too.

I am also receiving complimentary therapy (IV Vitamin C and oral supplements)which I have been on since diagnosis and I feel have greatly helped me. I understand that there are some very good CAM doctors in NY if you should decide to go that route too.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry for the sucky news...my dad is about to start a clinical trial at NIH/NCI. Its under the new treatments/clinical trial forum. He is stage 4 and has had so many treatments that he is kicked out of many clinical trials. I don't know what is available with the brain mets, as far as we know he is clear there. Most of the major cancer hospitals, Sloan, MD Anderson, Dana Farber, Hopkins, have been great if you call them they take your info and call you back pretty quickly for what you might be eligible for. Feel free to pm me and I would happy to send you some specific numbers we might already have. Randy would be a great source of info for you, he is really up on this stuff. Again, hoping something will kick this crap for you. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Tammy

Aaron,

Boy, this is sure not the news you need right now..newly weds and all. When I was looking into trials I called MD Anderson's number and talked to their research department head. He sent me a long list of trials but it turned out that I didn't fit most of them. I agree Dr. West might be the best one to help you with this.

Aaron, know that we are all praying for you. How are you feeling?

Nina

Oh geez, Aaron,

You know I'm devastated to read this news. There are trials out there........but I know it's difficult to sort through everything. Is there a patient advocate where you're being treated to perhaps help with that? I'm sending many prayers and all my best to you and Julia. Let us know what you find.

Kasey

Keep your "A" game on. When the wind blows and the rains come down, shine your light.

I also would ask Dr. West on Onctalk.com. That web site has a 5 min. survey to see if you fit into any trials in the country.

You will miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Go for it, we're here with you~ Mary

How frustrating. I hope you are feeling okay and not having any symptoms from the new mets. Taxol was my mom's first line of treatment and it worked quite well for her. Also, the whole brain radiation took care of the brain mets completely. Don't loose hope. Best wishes for you in your search for a trial.

Take care,

Jill

Oh Aaron, this sucks big time. I'm so sorry. Has your Doc considered Navelbine? That actually worked pretty far into Tony's cancer and was easy. We're always on the hunt for a clinical trial that would accept him, so I'll pm if I run across one.

Hugs and take it one day at a time. I hate this disease. :evil::evil::evil:

Welthy

Aaron: I am so sorry to hear your latest roadblock. I don't know about clinical trials, but I do know how to pray and I am praying for you and all of the other "family" members of this savage lung cancer.

I am glad to see you are ready to be proactive and fight for your life in the fast lane with cancer. I KNOW the agony you are going through and the unknowns, which makes it worse not to have a definite plan of attack, but I can see you are getting prepared for battle, and that is good.

Sending prayers and positive vibes that you will find a good plan of attack on this horrible disease.

Barb