So very new

MM

Please let us know as soon as you know anything about your husband's situation.

If you haven't already done transferred the title of your homes and car to your name anone, you might want to consult with an attorney first. Make sure it's the best way to handle the situation. When I was diagnosed in 2003, my husband was a federal employee and the Fed.Employees Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy covered almost all of my expenses. Just had co-pays ($15) at the doctor's office and $100 for the surgery. Since he retired, Medicare and that same BCBS provide complete coverage. Good luck with all the details that go with this. Most of all, good luck at the Cancer Center today.

Muriel

We're back from a 3 1/2 hour session at the cancer center. They were great and handled everything well.

DH has a 3 1/2 cm tumor in his left lung (is this considered large or small...anyone?), a small nodule in his right lung (they're hoping this is nothing to worry about) and an enlarged lympth (sp?) node in the aorta area.

They said they didn't want to do a biopsy, but will schedule a PET scan within the next 24 to 48 hours.

The surgeon said he sees and works on this every day and he said he could tell us, before the PET scan even, that there's a 95% chance it's cancer. He also said he will scedule a breathing test at the same time as the PET scan to tell him if Mike will have adequate lung capacity after surgery. If he won't, they can't do surgery. But Mike is healthy and exercises daily.

It all depends on what the PET scan tells us. Then we proceed.

Both Mike and I are glad to have this part of the waiting over and now we know more of what we're facing.

Will write again after the PET scan. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

Dear MM

So sorry about both your sister and your husband - you truly do have a lot on your plate.

Just remember that its OK to be scared - we all have been. Will be sending prayers your way. This forum will be such a positive place for you - I only wish that I had known about it when I was first diagnosed.

Patti