My dad has passed

tnmynatt

My dad passed away very peacefully on Monday, Oct. 8th. I was blessed to have been able to care for him the last 10 days of his life. He was a GREAT dad and he will be sorely missed. My mom is doing well. I hated to leave her. Here is his obituary:

Ocala - David Adolphus Brown, 86, passed away on October 8, 2007. Born in Wilmington, NC on January 19, 1921 to Edward Paschal and Ruby Pearl Brown. He moved to Dunnellon in 1925 with his family and graduated from Dunnellon High School in 1938. He served on active duty in the U. S. Naval Reserve in World War II and the Korean Conflict. Dave had a long career in the railroad industry retiring on February 1, 1986 as Regional Sales Manager with Norfolk Southern Railway in Birmingham, AL. He was also associated with Bob Rogers Realty, Dunnellon, for 16 years after retirement He moved to the Ocala area in 1986 and was a member of First United Methodist Church, Dunnellon, and Golden Hills Golf & Turf Club. He was a member of the Vero Beach Masonic Lodge and lifetime member of the Mahi Shriners, Miami, FL. He was predeceased by his son, Augustus Edward Brown and is survived by his wife of 54 years, Nita; son, David Adolphus Brown II, Jacksonville, FL; daughters Tina Mynatt, Alcoa, TN, and Gloria Jean Brown, Gatlinburg, TN; sister, Catherine Davis, Vero Beach, FL; grandson, Jonathan Brown; granddaughters Rebecca and Caroline Brown, Hershey, PA; granddaughters Rachel and Amanda Mynatt and Augusta Brown, Alcoa, TN; and granddaughter Hannah Dyer, Gatlinburg, TN; and many nieces and nephews. Funeral Services for Mr. Brown will be Friday, October 12, 2007 at 10 a.m. at ROBERTS FUNERAL HOME CHAPEL with Rev. Eddie Fulford, First United Methodist Church of Dunnellon, officiating. Visitation will be Thursday, October 11, 2007 from 5 - 7 p.m. Burial will be in Dunnellon Memorial Gardens. Those who wish may make a donation to Hospice of Marion County or your favorite charity. ROBERTS FUNERAL HOME OF DUNNELLON is in charge of all arrangements.

Published in the Ocala Star-Banner from 10/10/2007 - 10/11/2007.

So sorry to hear this news. My deepest thoughts Prayers and Condolences go out to you and the girls and the Whole Family. Strength Peace and Love be the memories

I am so sorry, Tina. The obituary is indicative of just what a remarkable man he was. I hope the last 10 days you were privileged to share with your dad provide you with the knowledge of what a wonderful daughter you are. I will most certainly be offering prayers for your dad and entire family. And BTW.............I am so very close to Hershey, PA. If you ever come this way to visit those 2 young ladies, please let me know.

Sending strength and comfort your way, Tina,

Kasey

Oh Tina I am so sorry you are going through a loss again. It seems like yesterday you lost your soulmate now your dad. This is so unfair.

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your mom.

This is such sad news.

Maryanne :cry: