Beverly is out of the hospital

Bev'sSister

Hi All and thank you so much for you kind responses to my other posts. They were truly appreciated.

Beverly was sent home from the hospital on Saturday. Her counts were up and looking good..the doctor told her that she will have to eat and get built back up if she ever intends to get more chemo. I think he just said that to make her feel there is a chance. She has never lost her hope though. She is on the patch for pain..the doctor said that the cancer is back on her lung. Her breathing is hard. I don't really know how to explain or describe what she is going through now. I think the pain meds are helping to keep her numb through all of this..because she has hardly shed a tear. She sleeps a lot. We talked some..but not really, you know. I told her that I loved her..she kinda asked "why me" and I just told her that God knew she could handle it better than anyone else in our family could.

Honestly, I don't know if I am in denial or if she is going to get better and get over this hump, or if she is going to die soon.

I know she was really weak and I don't think she should have ever gotten that weak..but it is hard to know what to do.

The doctor suggested we think about Hospice..but at the same time he told her that if she opts for Hospice..she would have trouble with her insurance company, if somehow she builds back up to do more chemo, because for hospice to come in the doctor would have to say that she is uncurable or something to that effect and that her insurance will not cover her after that. (She is on blue cross==Cobra)..Anyone know if this is true, or did I hear wrong?

What about home health? From what I understand the dr. has to order this also??

I am kinda in a fog right now..I will try and keep in touch. I hope my writing made some sense.

Love to all,

Bobby

I'm so sorry to have read this about Beverly. I would have never known if Welthy had not E Mailed me to let me know her Tony had passed.And then i read this about your sister.She sound's like such a beautiful soul and some day some time GOD will have a speacial place for her. I'm still feeling a little guilty for being the one who a year ago answered your request about giving you the hard fact's.I will pray for GOD'S will for your Sister and her family and pray his will is for recovery but most important as my Priest(pastor) told my Wife and i that he prayed more for the soul as that was the most important part. But it is the reading of situation's such as your's and Welthy's and other's that felt i could no longer be active on this site as the Grief at time's was more than i can deal with.I'll pray for your sister and remember her in my Rosary...God Bless you all.....Larry

Hi Bobby,

I didn't know until it was too late that there was such a thing as home palliative care, which I guess is different than hospice. I so wish I would have known that and would have asked for it. I was under the false impression that "hospice" had to mean no further treatment.

Yes, I believe any type of home care has to be ordered by the doctor.

Again, in hindsight, it would be well worth it to have the name of a great hospice care place so that you don't have to be frantically searching around IF you actually need one.

Thinking of you both and wishing Bev much strength -- both physically and spiritually.

With love,