New here looking for someone to talk to maybe in Arkansas.

wendyd

My name is Wendy. I'm 46. I live in arkansas. I'm just looking for someone to talk to. My son and I live here. His dad is dead so we have each other.

12/06 my Lymph Nodes swelled up in my neck

4/20/2007 lump in the middle of neck

5/16/2007 lump removed from neck

5/31/07 Found out I have Cancer a unknown primary

6/2, 6/4, 6/8/07 had CT, brain, pelvic and a Muga test

6/8/2007 Went to the Oncologist Dr. told me I have cancer of a unknown primary.

6/14/07 Had a port put in.

6/15/07 Dr. told me I have Adenocarcinoma/lung cancer stage4

6/15/07 Started Chemo. Avastin, Taxol, Carboplatin. with Premeds

6/22/2007 Chemo. Taxol, Carboplatin. with Premeds

7/1/07 Chemo. Avastin, Taxol, Carboplatin. with Premeds

more treatments not going to list all

8/10/2007 More CT scans Chemo seems to be working. low bllod counts and lots of side effects.

9/21/2007 Dr. have to change up my chemo treatments due to very low blood counts. now i get my treatment of Avastin, Taxol, Carboplatin every other week.

10/19/2007 still have every low blood counts, bleeding, cough, shortness of breath, got to go for more chemo on the 29th.

Hi and welcome Wendy.I hope you keep coming for help and support. You will find many here with stage 4 cancer that will be glad to share with you.There is also a live chat on Tuesday nights and everyone there has or had lung cancer or is a family member or caregiver. I hope and pray the best for you in this.Mike

"beatlemike"]Hi and welcome Wendy.I hope you keep coming for help and support. You will find many here with stage 4 cancer that will be glad to share with you.There is also a live chat on Tuesday nights and everyone there has or had lung cancer or is a family member or caregiver. I hope and pray the best for you in this.Mike

Thanks Mike for the welcome. I hope to talk to some of the people here. I have alot of side effects for the chemo. I worry most about my son.

Hi Wendy, and welcome to the place noone wants to hang out at. I'm sorry you have the need to find us, but I'm sure glad you did.

Talk and Support and Education & Friendship is what we are all about.

As you can see by my profile below, I too am a lung cancer survivor.

I hope you'll stay with us and let us walk the journey with you. It's so much easier having someone to talk to who totally understands what your going through.

Look over the Forums, maybe you would like to hang out in the Lung Cancer Survivors Forum. Read them over and find what best suits your needs. We're here for you.

You should feel a little better now that you don't have to have your chemo until Oct 29. You know more get to feeling have human and bang here comes the chemo, :roll: but HONEST it's worth every mintue of it to have it work.

Welcome-

You are on a very aggressive treatment protocol that should give you good results. I know it is hard now but try to keep your eye on the future scan when you get some good news. If you read through our board you will see lots of people doing well following treatment, the same can happen for you. I am glad you found us.

Rochelle

Hey Wendy,

It looks like something happened to my previous post. :? Confused....

Anyway, I wanted to welcome you to the site and to tell you that I am thankful you found us. I live in TN ..not Ark but right next door.

God Bless!!

Jamie

Wow, hello from another yet Wendy!

I am glad that you found this site. There are so many positive people that can lift you up when you are down, celebrate with your good news and understand you when you have received bad news.

When my blood counts were low, I started getting aranesp shots every two weeks to boost my blood counts. I think there is another shot for white cells too.

All my best to you, keep us posted on how you are doing,

Wendy