Lung Cancer Awareness Month is coming!!

KatieB

November is lung cancer awareness month.

As we are awash in a sea of pink this month (and throughout the year really, thanks to relentless marketing from the breast cancer community), Lets DO SOMETHING in November to raise awareness about the #1 cancer in America- LUNG CANCER.

If you haven't already, write to the governor of your state emploring them to proclaim November- Lung Cancer Awareness Month.

Here are more ideas for November and throughout the year. Lets not be silent or "invisible" any longer....Let's get active and make some noise!!

Start an awareness event or a fundraiser to raise funds for lung cancer research.

http://www.lungevity.org/howtohelp/?sec ... 6&page=486

Sign up to attend a local lung cancer walk or event in your area, or become a "satellite walker" if one isn't nearby!

http://www.lungevity.org/content/?section=370&page=370

Volunteer to deliver information to your local hospitals and oncology clinics. contact LUNGevity, me, National Lung Cancer Partnership, Lance Armstrong Foundation, and CURE magazine for free products that you can deliver to patients and to facilities.

Buy lung cancer awareness products that benefit lung cancer research! www.cancercurewishes.org

Volunteer time or start a research fund in honor of or in memory of someone.

http://events.lungevity.org/site/TR?fr_ ... 01k7.app1b

Your voice, energy, time and/or money WILL make a difference!!!

Katie,

Governor Easley from North Carolina (the tobacco state) has proclaimed November "Lung Cancer Awareness Month". Yahoo Governor!!

That has given us some ammunition to take to the local newspapers. However, as I was talking to the editor of one of our papers, he said, "yes, we're right in the middle of breast cancer awareness month coverage". That's all I needed to jump on my soap box holding the proclamation, and demanding equal coverage.

So, if I'm not arrested by November 1, I'll let you know if any attention is given to Lung Cancer Awareness Month here in North Carolina.

On a REALLY positive note....

I just heard from our Charlotte-LungStrong 5K committee chairman. We have already surpassed our goal of raising $15,000 for LUNGevity. AND we still have 'till November 17th to raise more!!

So I want to thank all of you who have donated on Randy's and my behalf. We really appreciate your support of our first event. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Ellie

Hey Ellie I will pm you my number so if you get arrested I WILL MAKE BAIL just for you!!!!! I don't even make that offer for anybody cept family!!!!