Just when you think...

Ry

Just when you think you have things somewhat together and have a handle on all this lung cancer business, something comes along to show you you don't have a clue. John has been fighting this aspergillus and started to feel pretty darn bad. He was short of breath, could barely do much without resting and then...he seemed to be getting just an inkling better. I thought that finally the anti- fungal meds were working. Then boom, he started feeling bad again, even worse than he was before the meds. We go to our family doctor thinking it's the aspergillus -- he gives us the big talk..."the disease may be catching up with him" etc. He takes an x-ray and low and behold....PNEUMONIA in the good lung. :shock: He's on antibiotics and you guessed it..he's starting to feel better again.

We learned our lesson, can't assume everything is the cancer (or in our case the aspergillus). That's our update.

Rochelle

Rochelle,

These ups and downs are the pits. You are so right, just when you think you know what's going on, it something different.

My husband always says that whenever he goes in for a treatment, labs or whatever that his mind will be changed or some surprise will come up that we had no clue about.

You two are so strong through this ordeal. You both deserve many blessings. I pray the antibiotics will kick that pneumonia in the butt.

Glad John is feeling better and hope he's up and around in no time. It might have been more helpful if the doc had taken the xray before launching into the 'talk'. Sometimes, I think these guys get ahead of themselves. Anyway all's well that ends well and I'm glad he's on the road to recovery

wendyr

Rochelle,

Things can get very scary.. Just glad to hear that John is feeling better and on the mend. Sometimes we forget that infections can just happen, and it has nothing to do with the cancer. Sending prayers to you and John. Ellie

Oh Ry,

What a rollercoaster ride you guys have been on. It just seemed never ending. But so glad it is not the disease. Maybe now he will finally begin to heal.

My heart goes out to you both for all you have been through. It has really been a long time since he felt like himself.

Sending prayers for a good outlook.... fast!!!

Maryanne