sclc limited

papawolfe

I have been told i have sclc with a tumor in my right lung but confined to the chest cavity. All three of my doctors say they can cure me. I am taking them on their word as i do not feel ill. I have had my first dose of chemo and will start the second cycle tomorrow. I have went to the other cancer boards and find them to be mostly gloom and doom. Hope to find this one to have a little more hope. I am 46 and the father of 5 with a wife i don't like putting through this. I am looking for some survivors of this so as to build the hope and faith that i have that i can beat this thing.

Welcome to our family, but very sorry for the reason you found us. From this point forward, stop reading the stats and prognosis reports from the other websites, those are just numbers. What really matters is your determination to beat this and prove them wrong! I am glad to hear that your doctors are optimistic and encouraging, finding a doctor you feel comfortable with is such an important part of this journey.

There is tons of information to be found on this website. Spend some time reading the posts, it has helped me tremendously!

God Bless,

Denise

I just finished my second round of chemo to day and i feel even less symtoms than the first time. Except for the fact that my hair is starting to thin. Also i do get winded off and on a loy more than i used too. I could still work and do my job though. The docs thought it best if i did not work through the treatment. I did not know how i would take the treatment. Thanks for taking the time to show me your support. I know this journey is still early, your support and knowledge will make it a lot easier. I will be cured! Mike.

Hey Mike,

I am glad to hear you are handling the chemo well so far. My husband found that if he forced himself to drink lots of fluids before, during , and after, he handled it better.

Welcome to the board, we have another member that is a dad of 5 but it's too early for me to think of his name right now. Maybe after more coffee. Hang in there!

Well there are some of us that seem to beat the odds. I will be a surviver 3 yrs in Feb. You ARE very fortunate!! Your cancer was found in the limited stage :D That is really rare with sclc. Trust the Dr when they say they can help you. Also I agree DO NOT listen to the bad stats! Stats can be made to say anything a person wants them to say. Good Luck!

Guest cbysea1

Good Luck with your treatments.I have slc also .My doctor was not very hopeful. He sent me to an oncologist , I see him tomorrow.I am stage 3b .What stage are you?

You have a good attitude. I am scared and sad right now.But I know I can be tough , even when its at its best to get me.

I will pray for you.

Cheryl