Test results are in......wonderful news!

mommadukes101

We just heard yesterday that my husband's PET scan and CT scan showed no further spread of malignancy....it is confined to the tumor in his left lung. We are thrilled! We meet with the Doc this afternoon to go over treatment; he says radiation will come first followed by chemo. And he said that surgery may be an option down the road if the treatment is successful. After a week of stressful waiting my hubby is elated and feels so much better. He got his port put in yesterday and is sore, but he is happy and sore! Thanks to all for your prayers. :)

That is truly wonderful news. I had 6 weeks of daily radiation and weekly chemo (carboplatinum/taxol). At the end of that time I had surgery and my scans have been clean since. My surgery was July 1, 2005. I am scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow. In the beginning my doctor told me to stay positive and now I am telling you, "stay positive".

Carol

• 1 month later...

I had weekly chemo (carboplatinum/taxol) and daily radiation for 6 weeks. Then surgery,upper right lobectomy, then adjuvant chemo. That was in July, 2005. Have had clean scans since. My stage was 3A. Remain positive and drink lots of water during your chemo.

Carol

I had weekly chemo (carboplatinum/taxol) and daily radiation for 6 weeks. Then surgery,upper right lobectomy, then adjuvant chemo. That was in July, 2005. Have had clean scans since. My stage was 3A. Remain positive and drink lots of water during your chemo.

Carol