We didn't get good news

Barbb

The onc. told us today that the tumor in Rod's lung has grown some. He suggested Hospice at home. To say we were shocked doesn't even begin to describe how we felt. Dr. said he has beat the odds by living 4 months since dx. Rod works everyday 6 a.m. to 4 or 4:30 p.m. How can he be that sick when he can work? Well, we didn't want to go there yet so right now he is having chemo. He will have a ct scan on Friday to see if there is something in his femur causing so much pain. Then another chemo next week. Then the onc. will see where we are. Dr. did say Rod has to stop driving, his pain meds are causing jerking in his arms and legs. We will work out something if he still wants to work. I say less hours of work, we'll see, he is very strong-willed. Our friends already offered to help drive. Anyway, please pray for us and especially for our daughter, Lacy (age 27), she has not taken any of this well.

Barb

I am so sorry to hear this news.

When and if to begin hospice is a personal choice. I'm glad that you and your husband made your own decision and didn't just take the word of the "almighty doctor."

I am not the praying kind these days, but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Peace.