Major TV Networks Addresses Here

Peachy

See below for Newtork addresses.

We have been discussing writing letters to the major television networks to urge them to present public service announcements and programming to broaden lung cancer awareness.

We must write letters that include facts about lung cancer. Please check your statistics for accuracy. We must publicize the fact that lung cancer strikes more people than breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer combined.

More people die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer. This is true for both men and women. Lung cancer accounts for more deaths than breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer combined.

It is estimated that about 564,830 Americans will die from cancer this year, corresponding to over 1,500 deaths per day. Cancers of the lung and bronchus, colon and rectum, and prostate in men, and cancers of the lung and bronchus, breast, and colon and rectum in women continue to be the most common fatal cancers. These four cancers account for half of the total cancer deaths among men and women

Lung cancer surpassed breast cancer as the leading cause of cancer death in women in 1987. Lung cancer is expected to account for 26% of all cancer deaths among females in 2006.

An estimated 174,470 new cases are expected in 2006, accounting for about 12% of cancer diagnoses.

Lung cancer is the most common cancer-related death in both man and women. Since 1987, more women have died each year of lung cancer than from breast cancer.

Risk factors: Cigarette smoking is an important risk factor for lung cancer. However, other risk factors include secondhand smoke, occupational or environmental exposures to radon and asbestos, certain metals, organic chemicals, and radiation, air pollution and tuberculosis. Genetic susceptibility plays a contributing role in the development of lung cancer, especially in those who develop the disease at a younger age.

The one-year survival for lung cancer is 37%. The five-year survival rate is 15%.

(2006 American Cancer Society No. 500806)

CBS – 7800 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90036 (323) 575 2345

NBC – 3000 W. Alameda Ave, Burbank CA 91523 (818) 840-4000

ABC – 2040 Avenue of the Stars, Century City, CA 90067 (213) 557-7777

FOX – 10201 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90035 (310) 369-1000

PBS – 1320 Braddock Place, Alexandria, VA 22314 (703) 739-5000

UPN – 1100 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025 (310) 575-7280

WB – 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank, CA 91522 (818) 977-5000

I would like to suggest starting with your home network stations. If your state has PROCLAIMED NOVEMBER LUNG CANCER AWARENESS MONTH, then you should make that announcement right in your back and front yard. :wink:

Call your local Newspapers and ask them to publish this information.

It's easier to start your crusade right at home. :wink:

Thank you for that valuable insight. I am certainly making an effort in my township as well as those surrounding me.

However, I think it would be great if the major networks received letters from all over the country requesting that they not overlook November as Lung Cancer Awareness month.

Thanks again,

Peachy

We bombard the Networks every year with letters and requests, and your right, don't let up on them. The last 4 years the Today's Show made mention of Lung Cancer Awareness Month. (Al R.s mom died from LC) I hope they do this year. The world News NBC and ABC made mention a couple of years. (after Peter Jennings passed away and Dana Reeves passed on) Hope they will do it again this year.

We need all the folks we can get to bring Awareness to Lung Cancer. And Katie's right, not just in November. :wink:

I know many of these wonderful people here at LCSC had worked very very hard to bring Awareness to Lung Cancer over the years. GOOD JOB and KEEP IT UP! I wish my health would allow me to get back in there and advocate the way I use too. But I sure do appreciate all that everyone does, with the Walks, and all the Different Events, etc. etc. THANK YOU!