CT yesterday, results today?

blaze100

I had my yearly CT yesterday at 1pm, and this afternoon there was a message from pulmonary doc's office that my CT was OK.

So....now I'm worried. First, whoever heard of results this fast? And second, they never called me with CT results before.

Now I know I shouldn't worry, but this seems very strange to me. :) I am scheduling a meeting with doc to review just the same.

Barb

I think that only cancer can make us think like that. Looking forward to your next more confident post. Hey think about it. Your doctor needed to get your report out of the way so that time can be spent on people who really need their time. Remember to always get a copy of the CT report for your own personal record.

Carol

Barb:

Maybe Patty Gottlieb's Nurse Rachet has taken over your doc's office! :P

In any event, I think maximum congratulations are in order. Like carolhg implied, you're just not enough of a challenge for them any more, and they probably consider you almost boring! Don't you love it?

Aloha,

Ned

Don't know about the phone call but now that CT's ditialised my onc has the results when I see him about 2 hours later.......also my MRI and any other tests done that day.

Maybe your hospital has gone more high tech (it was a shock to me the first time I didn't have to return get the results, but now I love it.)

Good news on the results.

Geri

that is great news and i think folks are right, that having had bad news at one point makes one suspicious of the good news.

as others have also said, in this day and age the results are pretty instantaneous. now it will likely take a couple of days for the radiologist to generate a review and report, but that doesn't mean that the oncologists can't pull up your scan on their computer and look at it themselves.

my sister has her first post chemo+radiation CT scheduled for monday and we see rad onc 2 hrs later, and i know he'll pull it up on his computer and show me the scan, so we will have information a couple days before the official report is complete.

congrats on the good news, but for your own peace of mind call the dr and go talk to them.

Sounds like a good report to me. At the Kimmel Cancer center here in Philly at Thomas Jefferson Univ. Hosp where Col gets all her treatment, everything is digital. About the only thing that the Onco has to wait for is the radiologist to post it on the system with their reports.

If you read some of my other posts, they sent Col home with a CD of her most recent Brain MRI, which was promplty hid on me so that I wouldn't peek.

So results and scans can be read almost instantaniously these days. That doesn't stop the Dr's from waiting until they come in talk to us and then say OK we'll go read the report and the scan and we'll be right back, as if waiting the week to get into see them wasn't enough.

I do like the idea of still going over the report, but it all sounds pretty good to me...way to go.

Sounds like great news to me! Turst me, these clinics can get these test done like that all the time when they wanted too. :roll::wink: When I started out 12 years ago, I went in at 9a.m. had a CT scan and blood work and I got the results by 2p.m. the same day. OH YES it can be done! Then as time went on, they started moving things back and back. I'd have a CT on Monday at 10:00 a.m. and get the results on Thursday anytime after noon! :roll::twisted: What a bunch of crap!

I'm sure your CT is FINE! Congratulations!

Barb,

I hope you don't mind, but I'm sitting here chuckling because I can so relate to your thought process. I read the line that everything was okay, and went right into the next paragraph- "so now I'm worried"...

Glad to hear that your scan is okay.

Hey Barb...fantasic news...I'm sure your CT is fine...I alway's get my results the next day...not from the onc..but from my GP who receives the results the next day...but he know's how nutso I am about this stuff ...so he calls to tell me everything is Ok...instead of waiting a week for an appointment with my onc......yeah Barb after 7 years..you are good to go....yipppeeee!!!!

I went to see the pulmonary doc yesterday afternoon and it was fine. He read the scan himself and said it looked great.

Funny thing, on the way over to his office I started thinking that maybe it was all a sick joke. That they only called me so fast to get me into the office where they planned to give me the bad news. :):)

Also I spent a small fortune on jewelry before the test again. Now this jewelry doesn't even interest me. Does anyone else do that before tests? There is something about pre scan jitters that makes me crave the jewelry channels. :?

Yeah, I know...I'm twisted.

Barb