Getting to Know You - November 9

Ann

This makes me laugh to think about my first Thanksgiving with Dennis! We were living in Miami and it was my first Thanksgiving ever away from my mom. She was the world's best cook and the turkey was always her speciality. Well, I figured I was a fair cook and thought I could ace a turkey dinner...with one hand behind my back. Heck, we even invited company over for that first Thanksgiving! The turkey was absolutely beautiful and recieved lots of oohs and aahs...until Dennis carved it. I had taken giblets from one end of the bird, but left a bag in the other end...lol! I was so embarrassed! But...people still enjoyed the turkey anyway! Dennis never let a Thanksgiving pass without reminding me of that turkey. But, he always did the reminding in a very sweet kind of way. That little goof-up always made us remember our first Thanksgiving together. Now, when I cook a turkey, I hope he's watching me with that sweet little smile on his face!

We had been married for 3 months our first Thanksgiving. We went to my parent's home 50 miles away. On Thanksgiving morning Rod needed to move our car, when he started it the gas line did something bad and the engine started on fire. The fire dept. came and put it out but we had to borrow my mom's car to get home. But the food was great, as usual!

Barb