FALL IN MINNESOTA

Donna G

I am talking about the leaves but now that I think about it two weeks ago I did fall, bruised my pride, skinned one knee and bruised bothe, now they are a very attractive yellow. I believe the totally weird and embarrasing event in the lobby of I HOP Pancakes Restaurant was due to my clutsy feet affected by neuropathy by chemo.

Well back to fall in Minnesota, It is very difficult to blow leaves that are falling from the Maple trees into the yard when it is 13 degrees out!

Maybe the IHOP "trip" was due to a syrup imbalance....was it before or AFTER breakfast? :wink:

If it was before, it was your tummy getting ahead of your feet... If it was after, you must have been sitting off kilter so all the syrup pooled in one foot instead of both... :shock:

I've heard that yellow is THE color this year, but have to admit I'm jealous...my fair skin always does the RAINBOW thing, starting with evil purple, then blue with red spots where the skin pores are, on to green with brown around the edges and THEN yellow....and half the time, I don't know where I got the darn bruise (although falling on hands and knees in public would surely stick out in my mind)...

So, did you take a bow after your performance and announce your next showing? I've found that I HAVE to clown around after embarassing myself - if I don't laugh, I'll surely break down in tears!

Keep your chin up and your feet down! :lol:

Becky

Tears were the thing. I really wanted to go back and tell the girl at the register " My husband did not push me" or " I have bad feet" or something , but I was bursting into tears and thought "just get out of here or you'll make it worse!" PS they did go through all those beautiful colors before they got to the current yellow.

IF you ladies are willing to travel out to California next summer I will give a "class" on how to fall and do the least amount of damage. I can't blame my frequent close encounters with the ground on cancer, or chemo...I've always been a clutz. So in order to cut back on the broken bones my Mom taught me how to fall....and land. And most importantly...laugh about it. It happens with such frequency that I'd be crying every day.

Hope the boo-boos are well soon, and that the blues are fading into the happies.

Fay A.

Fay,

I only fall for men, not pancakes (and I've pretty much gotten over that since I met my hubby). :roll: Now, I MIGHT fall for the pecan waffles at the Waffle House....mmmmMMmmmmmMMmmm Crisp, warm, covered with butter and syrup....big glass of cold milk.... Heaven... (and God knows, absolutely ZERO calories as food that good is better than whoopie and therefore must BURN calories! :oops: )

I've fallen on wet floors when I had to "dress" for work, but now that I'm in a position where I wear jeans and sneakers every day, THAT has declined 100%! QUALITY of life, after all! :wink:

Becky