Update on my husband, Jack

beachnut

I wanted you all to know that Jack is now under hospice care. I had to take him to the ER last Saturday, the 3rd, because he was feeling very bad.

They have found that the cancer returned to the original lung and has wrapped around the main bronchus. He also has cancer now in his arm and shoulder (that they had thought was frozen shoulder). It gives him much pain. He also has cancer in his vertebrae and femur. We are staying at his daughter's house because she is a Certified Nurse Assistant and is able to only work weekends where she can help look after him during the week. Her husband and I handle it on weekends while she is working. He now needs 24/7 care and it seems he is failing fast. A brain MRI was done which was okay, but he is confused at times so the doc feels there may be something there that just doesn't show up now. The docs said 3 mos. at the most. It is so hard. Please pray for strength for me as I am having to work as much as I can. Pray for Jack that God will soon welcome him with open arms and that the pain will soon be over for him.

God bless you all for the help you have been on this journey.

Shirley

Shirley,

It has been a long journey for you and Jack and I'm sorry that you have arrived at this point. His confusion could be from insufficient oxygen with the tumor around his bronchus. I'm glad to hear that you have family and hospice around to help pick up the slack and control the pain. God bless all of you on this leg of the journey and know you are all in my prayers.

Hugs,

Welthy

Oh Shirley, I am so sorry to hear this. I've noticed your absence. Whenever that happens, I am always so hopeful it is because things are going well, so I am so very disappointed (to put it mildly) to read your post. I will hope that Jack's pain and suffering are alleviated. Prayers for you both at this time.

Kasey

Shirley,

Prayer For Those Who Suffer

(Saint Augustine)

Watch Thou, dear Lord,

with those who wake

or watch or weep tonight,

and give Thine angels

charge over those who sleep.

Tend Thy sick ones,

O Lord Christ;

rest Thy weary ones;

bless Thy dying ones;

soothe Thy suffering ones;

shield Thy joyous ones;

and all for Thy love's sake.

Jackie

Shirley,

I am so sorry that Jack is heading in this direction. I had hoped that after your trip to the beach you would have more good times together. Thank goodness you have family to help you and Jack.

I hope you find the strength you will need to get through this tough time.

Mendy

Oh Shirley I am so saddened to read your post. My heart goes out to you.

I am sending prayers to you and your family for strength. I pray he is not in much pain and the meds are helping him with that.

Please know that we are always here for you.

Maryanne :cry: