Need Help from Lung Cancer Survivors!

Connie B

Hi Friends,

I have been tossing this around in my head for almost two days now. So I thought I would share it with all my Lung Cancer Buddies.

Over the years I have had many Lung Cancer Survivors say to me. "WHERE ARE ALL THE LUNG CANCER SURVIVORS?" Why don't they come out and make themselves known?

I just had another wonderful Lung Cancer Survivor ask me this same question again. Why don't Lung Cancer Survivors post their stories and make themsleves known to other lung cancer survivors?

I told this person that I really didn't know WHY Lung Cancer Survivors don't come out and make themselves known. I have heard many reasons over the years as to why they don't, but it appears that most lung cancer survivors go into HIDING after they are dx.d, even those that are long term survivors!

I know some of them are busy living there lives,(and rightfully so) and others just don't want to be reminded they are living with lung cancer, and so on and so on. I know there are LC Survivors out here and it would be so nice to hear from a LOT MORE of us.

So, WHERE ARE all the LUNG CANCER SURVIVORS and WHY DON'T THEY POST MORE TO THIS BOARD?

We hear from the wonderful caregivers of the survivor, but as a LC Survivor we would LOVE to hear from other LC Survivors and how they are doing in there lives and hope they would be so kind as to share there story with us. I can only hope this post will bring MORE LC SURVIVORS to the surface!

God Bless Us All!

Mark Twain-- "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" I'm still around (keep up with posts the best I can) Connie going on 66 months at Stage IV, not planning on going anywhere soon and still some people in my life I want to aggravate. Life is not bad all things considered. Lung Cancer is the least of my (not even an issue at the moment / been stable since Dec06) problems lately, it's other health issues that are slowing me down some and need more help from my caregivers. Always could be worse is my motto. Living life as best I can and doing what I can. Lung Cancer does not control my life and never will.

Rich

I find that I have a hard time dealing with the word, "Survivor". One of the reasons is all the post above me, which I feel are true "Survivors" The only thing I can say, is I am still a member of the human race after all I have been through. For that I am very thankful. So for a person with two separate cancers, lung and kidney, I guess one would say I am a "Survivor". I don't post often, but am always around. It will be two years in February.

Here I is Connie....its me Nonni....a 3 yr..one month and 13 day LC survivor...I plan on counting for a long long time...As I said before and I will tell it again...I like to think "I had" LC..not that I have LC....I kicked that beast right in the butt and told it to get the he$$ out of my life forever...

:-)...love to all ...nonni

February 2008 will be five years for me. I've learned many things in the four plus years, like NOT to do a search on "Granny panties" for a picture to post...

I post when I can, read as often as possible.

Always available through PM, too.

Strange I should read this today, it's 6 years since I was hospitalized with pneumonia and got the dreaded dx!

I was about to post my anniversary when I read this post......I'm still here, no lc to be seen and not planning on checking out any time soon.

I don't think any of us disappear purposely, life takes over and lung cancer recedes from the forefront of our beings. Like Rich, I have another health problem I'm dealing with right now, so I don't post as often, but I read most days and offer support when my energies allow.

My story (Geri's tale) has been on the boards for many years so maybe I need to update it and bring it to the top of the list again.

My wish is to bring hope to sclc survivors, I made it - why shouldn't you?

In the meantime I'm going to celebrate 6 years of survivorship, what a gloriously ordinary 6 years it's been.

Geri

I'm here, 4 1/2 years after diagnosis, and having a great life after all! I've learned a lot that I never wanted to know, but nonetheless, have become a grateful survivor ready to cook another turkey next week and enjoy the company of the people who are everything to me!

Cindy

It seems like I am a "newbie" in the survivorship club with only 14 months under my belt, but plan to be around for a LONG time!! I am so inspired by yor stories and how long since some of your diagnosis!! I WILL DO THAT, TOO!! I really will!

God Bless you all

Patti B

I am here reading. I check in at least twice a day. I don't post much anymore. I had my lung removed 4 1/2 years ago. I have been NED ever since. I have met a lot of people and made lots of new friends on this journey. I am thankful for all my friends here. Altho I don't post I am opem for PM if someone needs to talk.