Dad Dx NSCLC 09/11/07

blackpup

Hello everyone, my name is Jasmine. My father was DX with NSCLC 09/11/07. Were are still waiting for someone to classify the stage of the cancer. Dad was supposed to receive a port a few weeks ago, still waiting. After reading a few of your posts, I guess that I have to expect a lot of waiting from now on. We are both discouraged and feel helpless. I am an only child, although I am 30 now. My mom passed away suddenly 3 years ago. I am still getting over her death, and now we are trying to fight this battle. I have read a few of your posts and it has inspired me join. I"m happy to have found a spot where I can share these feelings with people who understand.

Jasmine,

I read your post in the NSCLC forum. You need to try to fill out a profile on your dad. It will then appear on all of you post if you check the box. From the runaround that you have been getting, I would recommend a second opinion at a major cancer center. Your doctors should be able to give you the information you need. To be told that there are tumors somewhere else and they are 3 cm but they don’t know where they are is not acceptable. All cancer is treatable. There is too much time going by without complete diagnoses and beginning of treatment. Keep us posted.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie