COMPRESSION FRACTURES IN BACK

Guest cecilia

Guest cecilia

I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE VERY HELPFUL RESPONSES STRESSING THAT PAIN CAN BE CONTROLLED. I DID INDEED SPEAK WITH MY MOM'S ONCOLOGIST TODAY AND HE LOOKED AT HER XRAYS THAT WERE TAKEN ON MONDAY. HE SAID THERE WERE COMPRESSION FRACTURES IN HER BACK DUE TO THE WEAK BONES. HE DID PRESCRIBE THE FENTANYL PATCH AND DEXAMETHASONE (ANTI INFLAMATORY). SHE HAS COMPLETED THE 10 RADIATION TREATMENTS TO HER BACK AND IS SCHEDULED FOR THE SECOND CHEMO TRTMT OF PACLITAXEL AND CARBOPECTIN ON MONDAY. I PRAY SHE HOLDS UP. THE LAST FOUR DAYS SHE HAS BEEN IN ALOT OF PAIN, BUT HOPEFULLY THE PATCH WILL KICK IN AND HELP. IF I HAD NOT RECEIVED YOUR RESPONSES, WE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO THINK RADIATION WAS CAUSING THE PAIN. SO THANKS AGAIN. HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL TONIGHT!!!

I am so glad that you were able to get some pain relief for your mother!

Pain control is a BIG DEAL in the comfort and treatment of lung cancer...or any cancer for that matter!

If a patient is in so much pain, they eventually want to give up and not fight it any longer....depression..etc sets in!

Hope your mom is feeling better soon!

Lynne

Cecilia,

Sorry you have to be here, but it is nice to meet you. My mom too has compression fractures in her back, caused by brittle bones (she is also on prednisone which zaps calcium out of the bones). My mom's back is starting to round on top due to the fractures. The pain for her has been immense, usually has to sleep in her chair. Her oncologist told her it can take months for them to heal. I hope your mom is feeling better soon. Hang in there. Wishing you all the best.