introduction

JackieA

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jackie and I'm 56 years old, diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in Feb 2006. My daughter recommended I join this forum, she thought it would help me. She has written in a few times about me. :) This whole ordeal has been really awful,from the chemo, the radiation, all the medications. And never feeling good anymore. Sometimes I wonder how anyone can stand it. I know you are supposed to live one day at a time, but it is so difficult to do that. Well, not sure what else to say. I used to take my dogs (pugs) to agility classes and then compete with them at trials. Now I can't run so I don't even get to do what makes me happy. This is a horrible disease.

Hi Jackie. Welcome to our group. I hope you find lots of support here. I just can't imagine pugs competing in agility trials. I'd love to see it sometime. Sorry you can't continue that. I was hoping to train my Golden Retriever to be a therapy dog just before I was diagnosed. Not all plans work out, I guess. Keep in touch with us.

Muriel

Hi, Jackie, I'm really glad you joined our group. I remember reading your daughter's posts about your role in Illinois' Lung Cancer Awareness Month proclamation and how proud she was of you. I'm sure you feel the same about her -- sounds like a wonderful daughter.

I hope the Gemzar gets you feeling better soon. The WBR, though necessary, must have sapped your strength -- that plus the unsuccessful pleurodesis.

My best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the board.There is plenty to browse here and many people who will support and advise you when you need it.

I love watching dogs do agility, think its fantastic and always wanted to have a go but unfortunately I used to own Afghan hounds - NOT very agile OR obedient I'm afraid !!!

Wishing you the best of luck with the Gemzar and hope you feel better soon.

God bless

Debbie