Getting to Know You - November 27

Ann

Although it's hard to believe, Christmas is just around the corner. I guess it's time to start asking some holiday related questions.

Do you wrap each gift as you buy it or do you wait and do all of your wrapping at one time?

I always have this bad habit of putting the gift wrapping off until the last minute and then having to do it all at once. Christmas gift giving at my house should be somewhat simplified this year, as we decided to draw names. I'll still have a ton of wrapping to do for Ella's gifts but then only one to wrap besides hers.

I used to wrap everything early. Not when I got it every time but reasonably early. Well my life has changed so dramaticaly in the past 6 years that I do things a lot differently.

I used to never give gift cards but with the postage so high and my family far away I have done that a time or two. I had to do my shopping so soon after losing Johnny that year that I just bought without thinking. When I went to mail everything it cost me over $200.

This year I am waiting until I get to Louisiana so I will have about a week and a half to shop and wrap. I'm sure glad they started making those gift bags!

I usually wrap for several days starting in December. I have a huge list of people I buy for so I need to spread it out. I start with gifts to be mailed so they can go then move on to the work gifts because we exchange before Christmas and then the family gifts.

Lil, I'm definitely with you on those gift bags! What a time saver they are. A pretty gift bag and lots of tissue paper can make any gift look wonderful. I always save my gift bags and use them again. Shopping in Louisiana should be fun. I love being able to shop in different places, as most of the stores here are so boring.

Every year is different. I am in good shape on shopping this year, BUT I have nothing wrapped.

I am the ONLY one in my family that uses ribbon and bows and every year I say, not this year. But I always do because I love to see a beautifully wrapped present under the tree.

So thanks for the prompt Ann, I will wrap a few tonight while watching Helio win on DWTS.

I just have to say I'm with you Ginny. I did think Mel should win but after last night's performance and the way Mel's partner bashed Marie I'm 100% for Helio now. I think his dance was great and once in awhile I would like to give those judges a piece of my mind :!:

Sorry this is supposed to be about Christmas wrap but I had to get in my two cents worth!

Lil...I have to agree with you. On a show like DWTS, the performers should just smile and keep their opinions about the other performers silent. I have heard a lot of comments today about that remark Max made.

Go Helio and Julianne!!!!

10,000 points for a bubbly personalities and great attitudes!!!