stupid question

KatieB

Oh yes Hon it can. It can make you think you are dying. It can also damage your health. If you are having serious stress and physical problems you should see a doctor or counciler or maybe both!

I know how hard this time of year is for all of us. I know too that it takes a lot of energy to get through all of those firsts and to have the responsibility for this board on top of all of that you are bound to be stressed.

Take time to try and relax. Take a warm bath and do some of the deep breathing exercises. I learned to help Johnny with the pursed lip breathing when he was having anxiety attacks. It really helped and I have used it with many of my clients when I was working.

The main thing is to not fight the tears. Let them come and let yourself grieve. Holding it back can stress you even more and can make you very ill.

I hope this helps. You are always in my prayers and like so many I know that I owe you a large thank you for all you have done here.

Yes and this is why we always say avoid stress here and let teh caretakers handle it for the patients if possible. Our bodies can handle it better than a patients I believe! But we have to get rid of it eventually by relaxation in some form or another!

Yes! Two years ago when I brought my dad home from the hospital after triple bypass surgery, she took one look at the instructions for caring for him and got physically ill. She was ill until the home health nurse came a couple of days later and allowed as he was probably going to live. I had Mom upstairs sick and dad downstairs sick and had to put off coming back to work until she relaxed anough to stop being sick. It was the darndest thing I ever saw.

Susan

Katie, I know you've already had your question answered but I'm still going to chime in here. YES...it can absolutely make you ill. My doctor is always cautioning me about stress, which is job related for me. Recently, I have had a couple of stress related anxiety attacks. During one, I was vomiting and my blood pressure was elevated. After I calmed down and concentrated on my breathing, it all subsided. I know it's hard to do but try and focus on de-stressing your life as much as possible.

Thanks everyone...I pretty much think it's either stress/anxiety or remnants of stomach flu.

Rick and I can't be pregnant, which is why Ms. Kennedy is adopted!

Being preggers is much more FUN idea though....

This stress and anxiety and grieving is for the birds!

You know I was talking this thru with a friend tonight and I do think it has alot to do with stress and holding in of emotions.

I ran into a lady today I haven't seen since Kennedy was a month old. Rick used to coach soccer for our son and her son was on the same team. She had met my parents, sent condolences when my dad passed and just absolutely loved my mom to pieces. When I saw her in the store today, I had to "recap" everything since we last saw her and SHE started to cry....geeze (yes, she is a very sweet lady) but it freaked me out and made me feel even worse than I already did.

Then I get the e-mail today that my parents house has SOLD and it will close in a few weeks.......

connect the dots dumb-bo-

Thank you all for always having a shoulder for me to lean on.

yes yes yes.

I have had bells palsy and atrial fribulation - both of these ultimately were from anxiety and stress. I am on anxiety pills now which I guess is what has curtailed any of the above happening to me again since Ger got sick and passed. Post tramautic stress disorder is sometimes something that happens to caregivers whom have lost a loved one. Don't know if this fits here for you but I am having more symptoms now than I was 8 monthes ago. Heather