New Word Game

Ann

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lobster

And don't I feel foolish :oops::oops::oops::oops: thinking that everyone knew what Frango Mints are. Look for them in your "local" Macy's. They are a sold chocolate mint flavored candy about 3/4 inch x 3/8 inch - one of the things Marshall Field's in Chicago was "famous" for. Welthy, can you improve on this explanation?

Muriel

Oatmeal

Muriel, you did just fine with your description and they are scrumptious. Frango's are the ultimate comfort food and widely bought for any and all occasions by my family. We did check the last box and, although they still bear the Marshall Field name and have the classic green box, the flip side now shows Macy's in fine print. Yuck. Marshall Field & Co. was an upscale Chicago department store with it's roots deep in the fabric of Chicago history. Several of it's early incarnations predated the Great Chicago Fire, until taking the "Field" name in 1881. Where New Year's Eve is celebrated in Time's Square in NYC, Chicago celebrated under Field's clock on State Street. The original store is magnificent and even has a Tiffany glass ceiling. Macy's bought them out and changed this landmark Chicago chain's name in 2006, much to the ire of Chicagoans. So---- :evil::evil::evil::evil: to Macy's!! Gee -- a little history lesson here folks! Sorry! :oops::oops::oops: Now who is embarrassed??

Tomatoes, for the salad I'm making tonight. It's 80 stinkin' degree's here! Forget cooking a big pot of chili or stew, it's too hot!

(Thanks for the description of the mints! They sound good! I'll have to travel to Chicago one of these days and buy some!)

Underwear - for my mom. She is up in years and we do her laundry for her. My husband doesn't want me to have to go up and down the basement steps so he said he would do it. Mom likes her underwear bleached. Well.....having never bleached old lady underwear before, my husband poured in so much bleach that when they came out the dryer the crotches were blow out!!! Mom was not happy so we bought her more!!

Dear Tinkles, :D:wink:8) ,

You're cordially invited to come and share my 80 "stinkin'" degree weather!!!!

It's supposed to be in the 20's though, at night, in a few days, so you best hurry!

Let's see, we're on the letter "Y"-----Hmmmmmm, what have I bought lately that's starts with a "Y"????

A Yak!

I really did.....not.... :D