Girl's Night Out

shineladysue

The other night I was invited out for a night with "the girls." I told my husband that I would be home by midnight. "I promise!" were my last words.

Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easy. Around 3:00 a.m. and a bit loaded, we piled into a cab and headed for our respective homes. Just as I got through the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall started up and cuckooed 3 times.

Realizing my husband would probably wake up, I quickly cuckooed another 9 times. I was particularly proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution to cover my tardiness. (Even when totally smashed, 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos. MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, and I told him midnight. He didn't raise an eyebrow or anything and continued to read

Then he said, "I think we might need a new cuckoo clock."

When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh, shi_," cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, then tripped over the coffee table and farted."

I have a TRUE cuckoo clock story.

When my husband and I got married, we really did not want some big church formal wedding as we were a "little" older and had lived together for such a long time. We just wanted a small, intimate wedding with family and close friends My brother in law offered that we could get married in his home (which is HUGE) in front of the fireplace!!

All the guests are seated and we are saying our vows. In the meantime, my sister in law had covered ALL the bases (or so she thought). The dog was tied up in the backyard, the phones were disconnected - everything was perfect!! As the minister finished saying "is there anyone here who feels that these two people should not be married - you got it - the cuckoo clock started going CUCKOO, CUCKOO!! Well, one person started giggling and then the whole room burst out in laughter. It was great!!

TRUE STORY!!!

Hugs Patti B