Smoking

marisa

I've been dealing with other lung issues (pulmonary fibrosis and other interstitial diseases.) So I've been on other boards like this for a year. And this same topic came up there with people battling pulmonary fibrosis. A lot of people who quit smoking felt that it started all of the bad stuff that happened afterwards. In fact, with PF there have actually been *some* studies that say that smoking delays the disease. (I say *some* studies because you have to carefully review the source before you can beleive it.) I don't have anything to add on the topic, I just wanted you to know that people with other lung disease often wonder about the same things.

I quit smoking 8 years ago, and I'm so grateful that I did. I'm already in bad shape now with different lung problems, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I hadn't quit.

P.S. For any who still smoke, I was heavily addicted and if I can quit ANYBODY CAN!!!! Seriously!