Date of surgery

Max L

Well, the phone just rang and I was told that I will be having the VAT surgery on Pearl Harbor Day, Friday, Dec 7th at the Banner Thunderbird Hospital in Glendale. Now that we have a date and place it surely feels more real. Cannot wait to get it over with as I am sure you all can understand. You know, when it rains it pours. Inez's mom is 95 with alzheimers and in a nursing home in Toronto Canada. We received a call this morning that she now refuses her meds, will not eat and just wants to sleep, and this she is terminal, so now we are expecting that second dreaded phone call. Inez's sister will go there if anything happens soon, as Inez will not leave me to have this operation without her being here. I am one lucky husband. It is a tough situation, but as we always preach you have got to stay tough, you have got to stay positive and fight your way through all of it, which we will do to the best of our abilities. If this is all a test, when do we graduate. Anyway, enough of my babbling, though you will never know how much it helps to write this all down knowing the wonderful support that Inez and I get from all of you. Stay well and will continue to keep all informed. There is still a lot of living yet to do.

Max and Inez,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you move toward the surgery. I am sure you will do just fine as you have such a wonderful outlook on things!

Inez, I have your Mother in my prayers as well. This is such a horrible disease. We have been watching my father in law steadily decline from Alzheimers and it is just so heartwrenching.

Sending loads of hugs to you both,

Christine

CHRISTINE...INEZ AND I ARE RUNNING OUT OF WORDS TO SAY ANY LONGER. WE THANK YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE FOR THE CARE, THE THOUGHTS AND THE PRAYERS. WHEN YOU HEAR PEOPLE SAY THIS IS A CRUEL WORLD THEY CERTAINLY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS GROUP OR MY PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP. INEZ AND I HAVE NEVER MET A FINER BUNCH OF HUMAN BEINGS. IF EVERYONE WERE LIKE THIS THERE WOULD NEVER BE ANY WARS OR CRIME. IT WOULD ALL BE A GARDEN OF EDEN. THANKS AGAIN. STAY WELL, POSITIVE, KEEP FIGHTING AND BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE.