and like each day checked lc

forum, to find out it is only

2.15am........will drink

my coffee and go back to bed

and try to snooze some more.

Grateful I have more time before

I face the day.

Jackie

Grateful today that I once again can go out to the cemetery to put Christmas wreaths on my parent's graves on this, the 23rd anniversary of my Mother's death. (I missed tending the family graves this past year due to Tony being too sick for me to leave him.)

Grateful for the years I had Mom with me, as she taught me so much about being a strong woman. (Heck, with two females vs. seven males in our home growing up, you had to be strong! :D )

So very grateful to have had the honor of being raised by two people of the "greatest generation."

I'll be grateful if the ground isn't too frozen to get the wire stands in!! It's 18 degrees this morning. Brrr....

I wasn't on the computer this weekend, so this mornings gratitude kinda covers the past couple of days. I went to moms on Friday evening and she was like a bear with a sore hiney so I didn't stay long. Saturday evening, after spending all day outside in the cold decorating, I decided to invite mom down for supper with us. She jumped at the invitation and ended up staying until midnight because we started playing "mexican train". My son decided he wanted to spend the night with her and went home with her. Sunday evening when we went to pick him up we were shocked out of our shoes....Mom had a Christmas tree up. First time in about seven years. Hunter asked her to put one up and he would help her decorate it. She only put the ornaments on it that I had made while in school and growing up. I didn't remember half of them, it was fun having her ask me "Do you remember when you made this?" They also strung cranberries and popcorn garlands. The tree was beautiful, but not as much as seeing how much mom enjoyed spending the weekend with all of us. Can't wait til dad gets home from work tomorrow and sees that the "scrooge" actually decorated this year.

Sorry so long, just thankful that mom had a happy weekend. :D:lol:

Teresa

Surviving lung cancer for 10 years!

The blessings it has brought me, feeling the love of friends, church and family, the many wonderful people I have met the past 10 years.

DonnaG

"luvmydad"] My son decided he wanted to spend the night with her and went home with her. Sunday evening when we went to pick him up we were shocked out of our shoes....Mom had a Christmas tree up. First time in about seven years. Hunter asked her to put one up and he would help her decorate it.

Teresa

The power of persuasion (sp?) that some children have!

Reading your post made me happy first thing this morning!

Thanks, and hope the Christmas Spirit continues for you guys.

Today I'm grateful that I made it thru my first day of clinicals for nursing. Only 4 more days to go!