My Father's Story ...

Hi Everyone,

I first came to this site in 2005. My father (73)had been diagnosed in November 2004 with NSCLS. It was inoperable. He underwent Chemo in March and immediately following that, over one month of radiation. Following that, he was off to Vienna for a conference.

All the while, every day he drank powdered barley grass with juice, took vitamin c, drank essiac tea and tried a host of things that might keep him well in the interim. When he got back from the conference, he was feeling pretty good and a scan determined that he was 'cancer free'. We were all so very excited, but by November he'd developed a terrible cough, which turned out to be radiation pneumonitis (a type of pneumonia which occurs during the radiation, scarring the lungs).

From there, things started to go downhill. He had to take prednisone, hydrocodone and use inhalers every day, just to be able to breathe. This weakened his system tremendously and the cancer came back with a vengeance and went to his liver. I had read about the use of a drug, invented for the purpose of preventing pneumonitis, but later when I contacted the University where it was developed, they said that it was still not perfect and it wasn't widely used (but why they don't at least try in ALL cases, was my question). He passed 8 months later in June 2006.

The reason I'm writing this to you now is because I believe that the alternative things he used did REALLY help him a lot (that coupled with the fact that he kept a positive attitude throughout).

While I'll never know how much the chemo and radiation did help toward shrinking the tumors, I DO believe that had he not used some of these alternative measures, he may not have lived a 1 1/2 years from diagnosis of Stage 3.

What I've determined is, if you've chosen not to use the route of 'cutting, burning, or poisoning' then it is imperative to change your diet COMPLETELY, following some of the many guidelines for alternatives and diets which you can find online. I firmly believe that these things really helped my father complete the writing of his third book and do some of the things he would otherwise not have been able to do. I'll never know whether he would still be here, had he not used the radiation, but I'd like to believe that we can find answers without using those 'barbaric' means of destroying the cancer.

I liken chemo and radiation to George Bush invading Iraq and while he may have been attempting to get rid of the enemy (cancer cells), many innocent lives (healthy cells) have been destroyed in the process!

All the best to each and every one of you, whether you are dealing with this 'beast' yourselves, or if you have a loved one who is. Please never give up the fight, and hopefully one day they will spend some of those billions of cancer dollars raised to really find good healthy alternatives toward healing, instead of still using them to find alternative ways to administer different types of chemo and radiation 'therapies'!