Just for Fun December 7th

sharyn

Hi All... Didn't see a "for fun" Idea for today so I thought I would start my own....

What is the very best present you ever got for Christmas?

I think the best present I ever got was a small black and white TV that my parents bought for my bedroom when I was just a young girl.... amazing how times change (and I am not THAT old!!)

When I was little, I wanted to be a nurse and I also wanted more than anything to have a horse!! Couldn't understand why my parents wouldn't buy me one to keep in the back yard.

But..... Santa did bring me one year a nurses set - it had the blue cape, the white hat, and a sachel that had a plastic hypo and a fake stethescope!! I loved it and spent many hours healing my brother and sister and all my dolls!!

Patti B.

As a child my brother gave me a Teddy Bear. He was my best friend for a long time. But I think the most memorable gift was the year my daughter in law got all of the grandchildren together and took professional style portraits of all of them. She gave them to us on Christmas morning wrapped as a gift for my husband and I. Needless to say the tears really started to flow with that one :!:

I missed this post earlier. My favorite present was a telephone. My parents bought me my own phone (princess style of course) and telephone number in the phone book -- very cool. Back then they would list it is "teenagers telephone"-- too funny.

Believe it or not I loved Christmas because I new I'd always get a new pair of mittens and slippers.

There were 8 of us children, living in Wisconsin and Mom was sure to always knit new for us each Christmas time. When you knew you were only getting them once a year it was a big deal.

Oh, how I wish Mom and Dad would be here for one of those old Christmas' again.