Venting - Not encouraged

warmpup

Had a follow up with the radiation doc today, and she said she was pleasantly pleased with the fact that I immediately responded to just the steroids.

So I asked

what exactly is in my head, a node, a mass? She responded a swelling? I'm all like WHAT??? It gets rooted in your brain causing swelling.

So then she tested my strength, my balance, my reflexes and made me walk the line. I did OK but not up to my usual.

So now what should I look into a different radiologist? When my brain short circuited and I fell apart, they did glue me back together rather quickly. Was hospitalized Friday, went to work Tuesday. Had to hitch a ride but went to work.

Enuf om my ramblings, time to make dinner.

Hugs to everyone.

-Pup

Hey Puppy, I just finished my WBR on Tuesday. Now I just simmer for 6 weeks, then do another MRI to see if it worked. And I have no doubt that it did. I'm also following up with my oncologist on the 18th, because of 2 hot spots on my Pet Scan, but I think it's radiation damage and inflimation from last year. Not much more we can do, but wait right now. I didn't drive for 2 weeks, but never had another sysmtom. Now I drive. Almost off the steroids. 1/2 a day til sun, then 1/2 every otherday for a week. Can't wait for that. Hope you are feeling well. Lunch yesterday was great. Everyone sends there love. Hugs, Liz

Liz

I finnished my WBR on a wednesday, 10 sessions, my hair began falling out on Friday night during my sleep. My ears began ringing about a week after the last WBR. My Oncologist told me not to drive until I see him next, which is scheduled to be in the 3rd week in January. My last WBR was November 7. The people I work with and myself decided I'm ok to drive now. My oncologist has my taper off schedule 2 for 2 weeks, 1 for 2 weeks, 1/2 for 2 weeks then 1/2 every other day for 2 weeks. So I should be completey void of steriods when the head and body CT/PET is done the week of January 7. I just looked at my home made calendar hanging on my fridge, my last 1/2 is Saturday Jan 5 08. Now mind ya, before the 8 week taper off program, I was on 3 a day. So I guess we can't play pro baseball :-)

Good luck.

*hugz*

-Pup

• 2 weeks later...

Pup, I too worked thru chemo and radiation, after completing it I was hospitalized for double pneumonia caused by the radiation. It was that week in the hospital I decided I no longer wanted to give all my time and energy to a job, and go home and go to bed just to make it in the next day. I wasn't spending anytime with my family, just sleeping so I could have enough strength to go in the next day. So when I left the hospital I went directly to my work and gave no notice, just told the doctor I worked for that priorities had changed and I was quitting. It has been hard I too had no STD or LTD at work. It has been rough but we have made it through and I have no regrets. Mets to the brain can have wonderful outcomes with new technology people are surviving them. Stay positive and put your health before your job. Prayers.

Yep yep yep, the more I think about it, the more I feel I did the correct thing in applying for SSDI. If I were working for Government or Big Business, ( 37 years on the job ), I would be retired by now. And yes, I have been going to bed between 7 and 8 PM every night and sleeping thru to 6 AM. So, I am trying to work fewer hours. Medically, when the brain mets hit, everything else stopped. So I haven't received any lung radiation yet. A new set of Pets ( head and body ) next week, the the oncologist will devise a plan of attack. And I will not worry about work so much! I am thinking about the retirement plans I have and how am I ever going to meet them :) TH Barb