Free to a good home

Patkid

Oh, Debi,

I know this is so fresh for you and Barb.

I should be offering support rather than complaining, but I gotta tell ya: I needed to get that out.

The more I read in this thread I am conviced the dome home / pod thing is necessary., although, I much prefer your genteel term of compound...........rather like the Kennedy's doncha know?

Mom's Girl, Please tell those wonderful children that they have an emergency reserve grandma in IL anytime they need her.

I have always to Val that, too.

I am no substitute for the mom you miss/ but I surely do care and I am pretty good in pinch.

I love all of you so much.

And I thank each of you for the loving responses.

I think some day I really will consider a barter situation or a mutually beneficial living arrangement so I don't have to be alone. I know my kids would welcome me, but, as I said ......... I think that could work if my children were women....

I am holding on to all the lovely images I have thanks to this thread and it is comforting to know that if only for a comforting minute.......I really am not alone.

Love

Pat

"Patkid"]I should be offering support rather than complaining, but I gotta tell ya: I needed to get that out.

I know my kids would welcome me, but, as I said ......... I think that could work if my children were women....

Oh Pat!!!

Of course you needed to get that out! Think nothing of it, it's just us, and we're all family. (You're so cute with the whole "adoption" thing.) You support all the time and we're all big girls here, you silly! We all are still fumbling our way around at various points on this path of "widowhood". Gak, I even hate the word. :roll:

Yes, I like the compound word too, but I want a self-sustaining environment where all talents could be used to support all of us. The older my family gets, the less we all have the "physical" talents to manage something on that scale.

Oh -- think again about the "daughter" statement! :lol: Just as I was raised to be a strong female in a household of seven males, I raised my daughter to be the same. Living with a mirror image of a strong personality wouldn't be all that is cracked up to be. (Genteel is not a word that comes to mind for a description of me or my daughter!) LOL Daughter-in-law's, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be in your face like your own daughter would! I know my dil wouldn't, and my son & dil often extend an offer for me to move in, but I keep telling all my kids I'd never do that to them. :shock:

Hoping for a happier day for all of us today.

Debi -- who is still waiting for a cure for "dead"! I know, I know -- how warped is that??? Gosh, my humor is getting darker and darker. :oops:

((((((((Pat))))))))

Wanna come to Florida and live with me???

Of course, I have no job, hardly and savings and lots of bills to pay every month. I don't have any ice here but it's been so hot that you just want to cry for snow!!! Plus...the 15th will mark the five year point of losing Dennis. I suppose losing my job happened at the right time of year, as I'm always so depressed now anyway!!!

I think the dome is a great idea!!!

I think Kasey and Fred should schedule a Pity Party at the Pub...drinks on the house??? It sounds like I won't be the only one in attendance!!!

My Pat!

Just saw your post. Well, all should know that I've been calling you 'My Pat' for a while now, so I think that might just trump the other offers! (not that I'm hoarding you, or anything)

A few of my friends (mostly with no children, but some with grown ones) and I have been talking ALL year about the type of Community that you describe! One with some common areas and then the 'private' spaces for each community family member. Kase, of course there would be grand accommodations for critters of all kinds. The Community would watch out for each other - help with light bulbs (Pat, I have one just as you describe - I still have the ladder and pliers out and have given up), dog-sitting, chats over cocoa, etc......and always an available hug......

Today, I'm sitting at home with ice on all the roads too. I'll be with you as I sip hot cocoa and turn up the Christmas carols.......

Love

Lynne

(((Pat)))

Come on down to Memphis!! I know Ryan would absolutely love you!!!! Of course I just wanted to give you fair warning about Princess Zelda ( the psycho terrier), Edward (16 year old girl dog -part sheltie-that can't see or hear), Jasmine (the six toed tabby), and Wink ( our outdoor cat). Whew, they can certainly be a handful but I am sure a shih-tsu would fit in just fine.

Seriously, I am sooo sorry you are dealing with all of these emotions. But please know that you are never alone and we love you so!!!

God's peace be with you!!

Jamie

Just too tempting, moving

right in, don't take much room,

rise early and would have the

coffee ready for opening mornings.

A home away from home, a home we want

more than the one we have to live in,

a home where we can be alone in a group

or in a group and never alone.

A modern way of the old commune, all

facilities, friendship and togetherness.

Jackie

Okay Pat, my turn...

First of all, glad you posted your feelings. They HAD to come out and this time of the year all those memeories come flooding out.

I feel your frustration with everything going wrong in the house and you need Brian to fix it. :cry:

We have an extra room here and you are welcome anytime though I have no grandbabies for you to take care of. I do have a wonederful daughter who I can share with you. :D

Also if you come here, you would have to make that wonderful macaroni and cheese dish.... YUMMY!!

You don't have to go to Craigs list, we can have an auction at Kasey's and Fred's PUB. I know people will be standing in line with their bids. :lol:

Who can we get to be the auctioeer...

That would have to be RANDY!!!

Seriously, I hope you are better today, as we all love you one here and here you are never alone!!

Love you my friend,

Maryanne

Oh, how can I ever say how much I love our family here?

Lynne:

FIRST PUT THOSE PLIERS DOWN.

No need for sparks. I finally got mine out. I used a new bulb and it mated w/ the metal material in the socket and I was able to unscrew the old and put in the new.

I tried Lily's carrot plan, but it started to look like coleslaw up there.

Secondly,

Since we are both sitting around w/ HC I have no idea why I don't get off my butt and check into WHY such an arrangement would NOT work.

I still have my old building plans from the 70's when I first fell in love w/ the whole dome home idea. Maybe I am an out of place hippie?

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful?

There would be a 'guest' area, too, so all assorted friends and sundry relatives could visit and get hugged.

All the pets would never have to ever be left alone again while we ran even a short errand and we could walk them in bunches...............

I know it seems idealistic, but I honest believe the 3 guidelines of kindness, tolerance and consideration would preclude any need for rules.

Dreaming on such a winter's day...

la la la la la la (I look a bit like Mama Cass these days, too)

Hugs

P

(((Pat))), you are so adoptable and it seems there are quite a few doors open for you. When you find a good home and a solution to your problems, will you let me know? This being a widow SUCKS!!! Wish we had a forum for practical advice to widows and widowers. It has been very rough for me, as well. When Mike passed, my health needed attention, many things in my home were (and are) in need of repair and or replacing. I haven't worked in years and years . I still to this day have no income and am living on life insurance proceeds.. not that much left and I still owe for my mortgage, plus a mountain of charge card debt. Having to pay $500 a month for my health insurance (under Cobra) and it will run out in March of 2009.

I am really beginning to like your idea . My best to you Pat. We have to keep praying and take it one day at a time.

Luv ya,

Sue

Pat,

If the whole dome-home thing doesn't pan out; consider this...

I move in with YOU! We can try to lose weight together and in the mean time, you can just wear my clothes, although they will likely be too big for you, you will be comfortable with all that extra room and save money on the new clothes you've been buying. Your lightbulb issue is solved, although I had a few ideas. You need to get to the mailbox? We'll take turns holding the rope as the other manuevers the ice, I'll go first! Your furnace is making a banging noise...I'll be there so you aren't scared of the noise. Oh...you say you weren't afraid of the noise...just afraid that it was about to break down on you? Well...with me there we will have plenty of your "skinny" clothes to burn for warmth! You have a toilet leak? So what, I have big fluffy towels that absorb lots and lots of water. However, if you do decide to continue to try and sell...I seem to be a good luck charm on home sales...mine sold in 4 weeks (and I really didn't even want it to). I am not tolerating the cold well either...let's chuck this whole plan and head to the Florida Keys for the winter...we could swing by and grab Ann on the way!

By the way...I know how much you miss Brian as I know how much you love Brian. I miss him for you too!

I'll go ahead and start packing while you ponder my plan.

FYI..I've slipped myself into Beth's suitcase. Once we get our dome home ready, I'll have my kids fly to join us-they desperately need a nana and I need the advice. My girlfriends and I have been discussing communal living for a long time-NO MEN! Boy children must leave at 18, girls can stay.

((PAT)) ((EVERYONE HERE WHO HURTS, ME INCLUDED))

Ok, first let me get a late bid in on Pat. You need a more normal climate with 4 full seasons. Not MI where 6 are freezing, 3 are kinda warm, and 3 are warm. You need to come to PA. We have four seasons of equal time, and we progress gradually into and out of them. We haven't had any snow to speak of to date, however the rain is hanging around this week.

As far as your little pod town you guys are all dreating, it's starting to sound more like a cult than a pod town. Next thing you know It'll be like Big Love on HBO. But i'll hold judgment on that until after it is built.

Anyone else looking for a new home let me know. Col and I bought more bedrooms than we've had time to fill since this stupid disease started, so we've got plenty of room. Wealthy, I'm looking at you. I need someone to kick my butt and keep me in line.