2 years.. too much.

MsC1210

Well, I was not going to post about this but I am having a tougher time than I had thought I would.

After having just marked the one year anniversary of our loss of Darrell, here I go again.

It was 2 years ago today that I had my last email and my last phone conversation with Brad. It was 2 years ago today that he made me promise to never stop helping the cancer fight and helping those who are battling it. I have done my best to uphold those promises and I can only pray that he is happy with what I have done and continue to do.

2 years ago tomorrow, December 10, I lost him. I wish you all could have known him. My family and I adored him, just absolutely adored him. He was smart and funny and so smart. It is just unreal to me that he has been gone 2 whole years already. Some days it feels like yesterday. Some it seems an eternity ago, even another lifetime ago. And then there are days that I expect the phone to ring or to find an email waiting for me.

I just needed to get this out of my head today. Thanks for being here and I hope and pray that I am doing my best to be here for all of you as well. I certainly do my best to reach out to all of you and hope that in some small way I am able to bring some comfort.

This grief thing SUCKS. I just want to see the day that cancer is nothing more than a form of history.

Hugs and thanks for letting me whine..

Christine

Christine,

Brad is looking down on you and beaming because you have carried the torch and kept the promise. You bring love and comfort to so many on this board and through your own website. There are times where I receive a little note from you and it makes my whole day brighter!

God bless you and let us give you that comfort back today, tomorrow, and always. We are blessed by your presence and I'm deeply sad for you during this anniversary time. You have turned your grief into a strong example of something true and good for the rest of us who have losses. We here will think of Brad and send warm thoughts, prayers, and hugs to get you through your trials during this time of remembrance.

You'll always be my "cynical angel" and I'm very glad for that.

My best always,

Debi

(((((((((((CHRISTINE)))))))))))))

Yep, Grief SUCKS! I know this, LCSC wouldn't be the same without YOU here!! You have given, and given and given and given................... Today is our day to HOLD YOU and GIVE BACK.

I hope today and tomrrow pass by softly for you. Brad is very proud of you, I have no doubt.

Thanks sooooo much you guys. Yesterday just plain sucked. No other way to put it. Now today, the actual anniversary I am still sad but am able to cope better.

You 4 in particular ALWAYS come through when I need you the most. Thank you so very, very much from the bottom of my heart. It is so nice to know that there are people here who get it, get ME and care. And thanks so much for letting me know that I am valued here. That is ALWAYS nice to hear :D

Today I will focus on celebrating the good memories and make the most of it.

Again, thanks so much... I don't know how I would do these days without wonderful, caring and loving friends like you.

Chris xox